Executive Assistant Jackass of the Day

Exactly.

I’ve had more motorists confront me than I’ve ever confronted. Our group rides in a double paceline, which is 100% legal in PA, but apparently very subject to motorist interpretation. I like to think I’ve gotten reasonably good at diffusing situations rather than escalating them.

I never got confronted as frequently as when I lived in West PA. Now being in/around NYC, it happens much less.

Perlhammered and I were confronted by a literal Nazi on the upper west side of Manhattan once.

It was spectacular and sad and a little upsetting. “You and your semite friend”

Did you stop to punch him in the nose or did you laugh and say shalom? I for one prefer to make fun of and demean nazis but a good ol American style knuckle sandwich is a treat

There was much laughter and lewd gesturing in his directcion

He was driving and honking, then got stopped at a light. I had a conversation with him that ended in me rubbing my balls through my bibs, which were of course at the level of his face (I think he called me a faggot Semite), and him turning up the radio in his 15 year old compact hyundai to reveal he was listening to 1930s nazi hymns.

I’ve been jewish my whole life and only twice has someone called me a K—. Fuckin’ nazis.

[quote=littletinyfish]
If you’re gonna confront people, memorize this opener: “Hey man, you scared me back there.” It’ll put both of you in the right head space for something productive to happen.[/quote]

I tried this phase this morning to a college kid in AMG that buzzed me. He seemed scared of me!

I’ve never been Jewish!

I’ve never been Jewish![/quote]

There’s still time!

I’ve been a Jewish

6 dead in bike lane

[quote=Shortpants]http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new-york-shots-fired/index.html

6 dead in bike lane[/quote]

https://twitter.com/kendilaniannbc/status/925463077176344576

Cue the NY Post commenters who will say it’s the cyclists’ fault.

I believe we’re supposed to call the post “Murdoch’s trash rag” now

only if the perpetrator wasn’t a brown person

there are rules man

Just for the sake of clarity, it’s a little misleading that all of the news reports are calling this a “bike lane”. This happened toward the southern end of the Hudson Greenway, which is an MUP that runs the entire length of Manhattan, adjacent to the west side highway. From midtown and below, the MUP is basically just like a sidewalk with a fairly dense mix of joggers, roadies, citibikers, crusty commuters, dogwalkers, etc.

Fairly dense? Hellishly dense.