Executive Assistant Jackass of the Day

[quote=fixed]i was driving today. turn signal on, brake, turn into parking lot at a completely reasonable speed. dude behind me lays on the horn. he turns around off the main road, comes into the parking lot, demands i put my window down.
“you should have given me more stopping distance, my dog hit his face on the windshield when i had to slam on the brakes”
i was so confused and i was tired and it was dark, so i said “uh, sorry?”
“you better be fuckin sorry you asshole”
bro sorry i was driving in a normal manner and you were following too closely i guess? your dog deserves a better owner.[/quote]

The single, solitary cause for this incident is the driver in the car behind you not leaving enough room.

This. Not sure what people are thinking. If you hit something, it’s your fault.

Truly very few instances where the car behind isn’t at fault.

yeah those situations always amaze me because dude was SO ANGRY at me. like maybe your life wouldn’t suck so much if you’d take an occasional bit of responsibility for your own mistakes?

Glad they caught this piece of shit. I wonder if he’s the piece of shit who stole Ash’s bike out of our garage.

In some states by default the rear ender is at fault for the accident.

you want to know how people get killed by jackass drivers?

~8:20am I’m headed SE on Willamette to meet up with some buddies for a ride, im in the bike lane and there’s a car ~5 lengths behind me. I’m going ~20mph and the car is somewhere about 30ish - speed limit is 30 on willamette now (which is great). There’s a bus stop/ped xing and a center median near the university and this driver of a little pos truck sees me and the car behind me and decides to gun it to get in front. i saw it coming and slowed, the driver behind me did the same. well the driver of the truck took the corner too sharp and slammed the rear wheel into the median, popping the rear tire immediately. driver pulls off at the next block and gets out to inspect the damage. Driver was a 225lb big bearded guy in a baseball cap and short sleeve coveralls? Passenger was a brown and white pitt/mutt and looked like a nice dude anyway. I met up with my group and the guy had left his truck and walked it. I took photos so I could post in this thread.

TLDR: jackass tries to save time and ends up walking

It looks like maybe this wasn’t his first time running his truck into something.

It’s kinda weird that you know exactly how much he weighs.

Well I’ve been 200 and he was bigger. I’m giving the best description I can because I failed to mention in the earlier post that when I saw him get out of his truck to inspect a block down the road I said

“Your tire popped”

That’s a pretty elaborate map for a non-incident.

Ugh this is fuckin Austin Texas in a nutshell

I’m pretty sure this level of detail just follows around Ph.Ds.

Were there any other jackasses posted today?
Well then I guess this guy gets it

Ugh this is fuckin Austin Texas in a nutshell[/quote]

I try to avoid honking at folks when I drive for this very reason.

i liked your post mig. and i liked the map.

Ugh this is fuckin Austin Texas in a nutshell[/quote]

I try to avoid honking at folks when I drive for this very reason.[/quote]

If I can see them playing with a phone at a green light, they get honked at. If they’re at a green light and clearly paying attention but not going, I don’t. If someone’s going slow, fuck it, I’m in a mobile hut with heat and a radio and nice comfy chairs and I can wait, no sweat.

It was similar to this

Except I didn’t die this time

That isn’t possible, right?