eyewear chat

OK, so the answer to that is that those are the 8 base frames, which will support prescriptions up to -4.0 correction for near-sightedness. I’m only -3.5 so I can and will use them. adseyewear.com can hook up the lens-only order for untinted polycarb anti-glare genuine Oakley lenses for 180 bucks. That seems fair.

[quote=rando]Saw a greybeard walking with his wife the other day wearing bright colored glasses like that I’d bet were RX. Get something more tasteful for off the bike or suffer getting laughed at
[/quote]
Totally, but if you ride a lot there could be an argument for getting good quality prescription riding glasses. Switch them for normal glasses when you get off the bike.

That’s a hell of a lot less than what I was quoted for prescription Rudy lenses, which was in the $500 range iirc. 180 almost sounds reasonable. Almost.

Yeah, I got the sunglasses for maybe 60 and can probably ebay the dark lenses. So, I bumblefucked my way into sub-$200 prescription Oakleys, probably.

That’s why I ended up with Oakleys. They’re so common that you can get everything pretty cheap, and then use a website to get the lenses. I am tempted to try contacts, though. I’m pretty good with suffering through annoying itches and feelings and daily regimens similar to what people who use contacts complain about, so maybe they’re for me.

[quote=tarckeemoon]Mebbe I should post this in the geezer thread. Can a 40 year old dude pull this off?

[/quote]

yup!

#GetLostAdventureClub new member

Lady at the optometrist did some napkin math and the upshot is the Rudy Project option is probably largely not going to be covered and what isn’t is going to be fucking expensive.

According to SportRX the Oakley Split Jacket will work with my new prescription which as it turns out is not that different than my old one.

Meanwhile swapping lenses on my regular non-bike-jock glasses is going to be pretty fucking expensive in itself and could very well suck up most of my FSA money anyway in which case I will be more inclined to do the cheapass/cobbled together/yolo route.

Never has eye surgery seemed more attractive.

update: ADS eyewear did a fine job on those prescription Oakley lenses. A -3.5 scrip in an 8b curve lens ends up being really thick at the edges, but they’re polycarb so they’re still light and optically they’re Oakley standard fare so they’re tits.

I need new safety glasses for work. I had been using some regular glasses w/ side shields since I used to just work the CNC’s and everything was behind a window anyway but now I bounce around more and definitely need a safety lens. I haven’t found a single place i can just input my RX through a drop down menu and order some damn glasses like zennioptical. Whats the go to site for rx safety glasses. I know AO safety is a popular brand but ordering seems like a pain.

How much are you looking to spend? I have a lovely pair of Ray Bans that I use most of time but also have more than a few relatively cheap pairs that cost something like, £6.

get outta here mr phallus

http://bit.ly/2cU4Ywf

These are remarkably convincing and highly recommended thus far.

Try these guys- I’ve purchased a fair shake of stuff through them and the service has been great.