eyewhere chat

what is the tarck consensus for shades? I am always breaking mine/crashing my face into stuff/loosing them- tryin to find a decent inexpensive/cool lookin pair

just snagged these for tarck kit collabo:

tryin to get a line on some oakley eyeshades ala

oakley jawbones/racejackets atmo

I have the orange jawbones. They are cool

I’ll be watching this thread with interest. I’ve been racing and riding in my prescription glasses forever and it is not giving me all of it. Tired of squinting and getting mud in my eyes and looking all Laurent Fignon without the cool ponytail.

My balls are way too long for Jawbones or anything too jock/bro looking but I’d still like some extra coverage to keep shit out of my eyes. I’m thinking a brown/amber tint would give me most of it but I dunno.

If Zenni had any sports frames that didn’t look like total ass I’d probably already have something, but it looks like I might have to spend some real money on this. Halp.

Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 XL for long faces like mine
http://www.oakley.com/products/6943/26178

I have the auto-tinting versions. Best sunglasses I’ve ever used. Worth every penny.

I lurv my Oakley Radars almost as much as I hate straps over glasses. I’ve got two Rx pair I’ve been beating on since 2007, the clear ones are bearly showing their age.

radars are my favorite.

on the cheap: tifosi slip

Oakley rx, go to a shop and see what fits your face. Remember to keep it euro and make sure the glasses cover your eyebrows

Fuck I hate Oakley, Briko is the way to go.
edit: I guess they are harder to find now but we used to sell them alongside Oakley’s and the optics were undeniably superior. Mine are pretty old but unless they have dropped the ball, definitely check them out.

wtf this isnt 1996 and you will never be cippo
get bus’d

[quote=blumpkin]radars are my favorite.

on the cheap: tifosi slip[/quote]
Tifosi arn’t bad for the $, they do rx a quite a few of their styles as well.

[quote=catdrew f]wtf this isnt 1996 and you will never be cippo
get bus’d[/quote]
I look fucking awesome in a pink jersey, I will have you know. Besides, we aren’t exactly talking the newest oaks either here.

at least we are talking about glasses from this millennia

smith makes a decent glass for medium money too

talk to me about: Cycling suitable sunglasses for wide nosed fucks.

My nose got broken and now the bridge is just way too fat for normal shades to work. they sit up super high and get goop wicked on them from my eyebrows.

Bro don’t be mad coz Oakley sucks, it’s not my fault. They are only still around because they managed to be part of every decades defacto douche bag uniform since 82. Besides, the ones he’s looking for were mostly ripped off from Briko’s goggle style glasses anyways.

I’ve had a few pairs of Smith Sliders. Frames have held up, I liked the lens swap deal, and replacement lenses can be had for about 20 bucks. I’ve got a cheap pair of tinted prescription Wayfarer ripoffs from Zenni, and they’re OK. The big problem is that their tints are films applied to the regular glasses and they seem to scratch easily. But for 30 bucks no fucks shall be given. I’d kill for my old Frogskins, to be honest. They were a solid choice for riding bikes in the '90s.

@bobbybabby: I like the Radars as they offer a large field of view without any visual obstructions but would probably prefer the newer models with the vented lenses. I’m guessing that’d help keep perspiration out of your eyes if you have that issue.

Is there a store nearby with glasses you can try on?

i got some flak jackets. they look douchey but they fit my big flat injun face and dont fog or ride my cheeks and fill with sweat.
also have some frogs in white with blue lenses.

man, i have some terrible sunglasses :frowning:

[quote=mander]talk to me about: Cycling suitable sunglasses for wide nosed fucks.

My nose got broken and now the bridge is just way too fat for normal shades to work. they sit up super high and get goop wicked on them from my eyebrows.[/quote]

this is my problem, except without the broken nose. my nose is wide and flat across the lower bridge. makes lots of sunglasses sit high and super awkward on my face.