eyewhere chat

rudys (i have the noyz and love them) with photochromic clears for sep-oct-nov, mar-apr. clears for dec-jan-feb. darks for may-jun-jul-aug. done.

I just use the photocromic clears year round, day and night. The version I have gets pretty close to fully transparent in darkness, and I wouldn’t want it to get very dark in strong sunlight anyway. Love it. I guess it’s probably the 18-78%.

What does tarck think about polarized lenses? Any good? Worth the dough?

I’ve been very partial to my Specialized Chicanes and San Remos. Naturally, they quit making them. Any Specialized shopbros have any still laying around for sale?

Smith Piv-lock is the best I’ve ever used. The lack of frame at the top means no matter how you tilt your head you can never see the edge of the lens.

[quote=lofarkas]I just use the photocromic clears year round, day and night. The version I have gets pretty close to fully transparent in darkness, and I wouldn’t want it to get very dark in strong sunlight anyway. Love it. I guess it’s probably the 18-78%.

What does tarck think about polarized lenses? Any good? Worth the dough?[/quote]

I wear polarized lenses almost exclusively, but I have sensitive eyes and hate glare. The sunglasses I wear the most look like hell and can be replaced for $20 at REI.

[quote=halbritt][quote=lofarkas]I just use the photocromic clears year round, day and night. The version I have gets pretty close to fully transparent in darkness, and I wouldn’t want it to get very dark in strong sunlight anyway. Love it. I guess it’s probably the 18-78%.

What does tarck think about polarized lenses? Any good? Worth the dough?[/quote]

I wear polarized lenses almost exclusively, but I have sensitive eyes and hate glare. The sunglasses I wear the most look like hell and can be replaced for $20 at REI.[/quote]

I have a pair of polarized Smiths that I like. They work as advertised but take a little getting used to because they don’t always play nice when viewing other things that also have polarized filters in them, like LCD displays on speedos, watches, etc. Not a big deal, just a distraction at first.

It’s kinda funny, walking up to an ATM, thinking, “oh shit, it’s broke” before remembering to pull my glasses up.

[quote=mander]re. adjusta-bridges: They are hard to find! None of the off the rack cheap ($40 or less) cycling-suitable glasses I ever look at have them. non adjustable bridges are the norm for sure.

I will look for rudy project, thanks for the tip. [edit] Turns out they’re expensive as fuck. I guess I might have to change my cheapweenie ways if i ever want to wear sunglasses that fit properly.

lol@serfas[/quote]

Adidas are spensive but have adjustable nose pieces as well as vertically pivoting hinges. Good optics too.

I end up with my head tipped like the old RCA dog to get them lined up so I can see. Those glasses are the business on/near water, though. Current pair is Frankensteined from two earlier pairs because I just can’t let go.

[quote=mander]re. adjusta-bridges: They are hard to find! None of the off the rack cheap ($40 or less) cycling-suitable glasses I ever look at have them. non adjustable bridges are the norm for sure.

I will look for rudy project, thanks for the tip. [edit] Turns out they’re expensive as fuck. I guess I might have to change my cheapweenie ways if i ever want to wear sunglasses that fit properly.[/quote]

It turns out, Ryders has a big selection of $40 glasses with adjustable nose pieces. i am likely going to get some from my lbs this week.

Things are getting better for cheapskates with fucked up noses!

I tried a friend’s yellow lens $300 Assos sunglasses and they are amazing. I looked like a poseur ass in them but goddamn if they aren’t an order of magnitude better than all the other things I’ve tried. Zero distortion, block wind perfectly but allow a little circulation so they don’t fog up, and most importantly they don’t rest directly on the ears. They seem to be coated with something that really sheds water effectively. Most importantly, for some reason I get really bad ear pain after a few hours with traditional glasses on, which is why I’ve generally skipped eyewear. The light yellow lenses work well in all conditions including night, with the exception of riding directly into the sun, where they’re helpful but not dark enough.

I might be using the Amex points this year for a pair.

Smith polarized is the only thing I will buy after wearing my Trace. I also really like their rose lenses on an overcast day.

topic revival, but these tarckass motherfuckers are $30 shipped and the dudes entertain GB offers

so oakgly