Folding Bikes because i'm not good at the clever names

has anyone fondled one of those full on brompton ripoffs from alibaba?

the yearly Brompton fiending is getting warmer

2 Likes

rei has some for 20% off

1 Like

That’s how I ended up in this thread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll sell you a swift for a fraction of a Brompton

1 Like

if he’s not interesting for swift I may be

2 Likes

In

2 Likes

thank you for saving me from myself

I’m actually out now, my roommate said no

i haven’t asked mine but it would probably be the same

NEXT IN LINE!

anyone have any experience with the Dahon folders? There’s a decently specced D8 Vitesse locally going for cheap.

They’re fine. Definitely the folder for the working class as opposed to Brompton.

2 Likes

I had an older “higher end” model. I loved it. It worked nicely but was a tank. Vitesse looks light by Dahon standards so you’ll probably be happy. Please report back with it in possession.

1 Like

There is nothing exciting about them except the fact that they just work and don’t suck to ride, which for a folding bike is pretty exciting

5 Likes

Tell me more!

I recently picked up a cheap 5-speed Dahon that a friend purchased off of CL for me a bit over a year ago… Seems in great condition, came with a carrying bag. Need to find time to give it a tune-up and take pictures for judgement / suggestions.

Just posting that I’m thinking about a folder to take on the train for the next year while I commute to class downtown from the far suburbs.

At 6’5", what are my most realistic options? I really like the bike Friday alpaca because it’s cool and I daydream of traveling with it once my need to commute by train has passed, but a cheap single speed folder that uses regular bike parts would probably be the smart choice.

Get any iteration of the swift folder

1 Like

Is it good for tall folks?