get me into a balleur road brakeset

[quote=Toast]good call, assuming your bike doesn’t call for super short-reach (i.e. less than 47mm) brakes. i have that exact pair on my track bike, works flawlessly.

definitely not top-end stuff, but, fuck, you squeeze a lever and pull a cable and it squeezes the rim. it’s not rocket science.[/quote]
oops was trollin. im watching a few 6600 and 7800 auctions on the bay right now

ah

shoulda known you were trolling when you posted about making a reasonable bike-related purchase

pretty much. i was joking because everyone is saying 6600 brakes and i posted some tektro. nothin wrong with tektro tho :slight_smile:

I GET IT!!!111 LOL!!!

[quote=biekridd]man i cant wait til i can score a cheap used 7900 brakeset a few years down the road. everything that i have heard about the 7900 brakes is nothing short of phenomenal.

it is crazy that shimano can consistently improve on their brakes with each new generation.[/quote]

yes, but can only use new brake levers. kinda sucks tho.

however, gonna get 7900s with the TT levers for townie bars

/constant balleur

[quote=RS Camwhore][quote=Toast]good call, assuming your bike doesn’t call for super short-reach (i.e. less than 47mm) brakes. i have that exact pair on my track bike, works flawlessly.

definitely not top-end stuff, but, fuck, you squeeze a lever and pull a cable and it squeezes the rim. it’s not rocket science.[/quote]
oops was trollin. im watching a few 6600 and 7800 auctions on the bay right now[/quote]

unsuccessful troll was unsuccessful.

Id say it was successful. I just felt bad cos toast seems like a good dude

he is a good dude. i don’t think he’s butthurt.

trolling =! lying about silly crap for no real reason with no noticeable impact on anyone

cmon sol, u can troll better than that

He is still trolling you!!!
Sol + conscience = mind asplode = trolling

[quote=miguelaron][quote=biekridd]man i cant wait til i can score a cheap used 7900 brakeset a few years down the road. everything that i have heard about the 7900 brakes is nothing short of phenomenal.

it is crazy that shimano can consistently improve on their brakes with each new generation.[/quote]

yes, but can only use new brake levers. kinda sucks tho.

however, gonna get 7900s with the TT levers for townie bars

/constant balleur[/quote]
oh yeah forgot about that i guess i won’t be getting a set ever

Fuck Shimano for not producing long reach any more. Only ones left now are Cane Creek & Tektro and those are spongy wimpy little brakes. Oh there’s the VO brakes too, but of course only in silver. No black brakes that can handle 32mm tires on my go-fast roadie. I’m having a bitch of a time getting match-match with the Rival with good stopping power.

paul.

Those tektro medium reach brakes ain’t so bad and you can find Shimano 600 medium reach around if you look for 'em. They’re Ultegra level dual-pivots.

Br r600 are the 7700-era ultegra level long reach brakes. With Internet you can find them some places for as low as 40$

And yea Paul racers are titties

I already have a pair. I LOVE those brakes. They don’t matchy-match Rival, unfortunately. I might pay someone to anodize them black. Know anyone good that does that?

I read a few reviews that said they were only mediocre as center mount, and were only worth it if you had the special braze-ons…? Were they wrong?

u scared me bro

Pretty sure Shimano is totally still making the R450 and R650 47-57mm reach brakes, at least there’s tons out there for sale. Noticeably better than Tektro, cos Shimano knows how to cast the fuck out of some aluminum.

u scared me bro

Pretty sure Shimano is totally still making the R450 and R650 47-57mm reach brakes, at least there’s tons out there for sale.[/quote]

I haven’t seen them listed on Shimano’s site for a year or more, and around my area they’re not even obtainable by any LBS, so I assumed they were gone. Maybe people are clearing out old stock? I dunno, last time I checked online for some they were pretty rare. It was a while ago. My Heath-Fu was failing me, I guess.

They’re “non-series components” in the Road Bike category, along with stuff like the BR-550 cantilevers and whatnot. Stocked by QBP and I assume most other distributors.

Looks like there’s also a R600 model that’s polished in a different style.