get me into absurd tail lighting

[quote=cc700]

version two. they rattled the waterbottle out of the cage, so i just took the cage off and ziptied them up, and wrapped the whole thing in a busted tube.

this is great during the day but the battery life isn’t good enough for a permanent mount like this. knog boomer is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NFiUZfgQBo[/quote]

your flashlights are fucking dumb.

I’m a huge proponent of obnoxiously bright lights, but I would be so pissed if I had to ride behind you. Those are right at eye level if someone is riding in the drops.

ftfm

not everyone is 6’13" sol.

hahaha.

i turn them off in groups or ride behind/beside people. a blinkie on the pack or belt is fine for situations where this is not good.

here’s a ‘review’ on my blog http://ceramicconfessions.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/deal-extreme-p7-lights/

[quote]Of course, because the quality is so low on these, sometimes you have to fix them with a solder gun or sand down the battery contacts in order to get them to work properly. I had to do the latter.

Also, battery life is extremely short, so you have to pack an extra battery if you could be on the road for more than an hour.[/quote]

sounds like a pain in the ass.

Y U JELUS THO

huge PITA. still a quarter as expensive as competition. welcome to made in china.

[quote=cc700]

[/quote]

lol work it

I personally would go for a single rechargable battery pack if I wanted something that bright, seems silly to deal with so many separate batteries. I finally found the cap to my:

Which sort of sucks but is better than nothing. I wish I bought a Superflash but I didn’t know about them / they weren’t made when I bought this light. It would be cool to DIY it like these lights:

I’ve kept eyes out for good looking housings to do a project with 5 Watt LEDs but nothing extraordinary yet.

Sawed off Maglites:

hell yes with the sawed off.

and the ld1100 is awesome. less annoying than the superflash and more constant.

I hate riding through a herd of candlepower freds, fuck riding south on the Burke around 6pm. Motherfuckers illuminating my face and the trees instead of the ground.

That said I’m probably going to set my Rawland up with multiple rack-mounted generator headlights — a proper Cyo for normal use and a flood ghettobeam or two for gnar.

Would probably put a main switch in the stem cap, and it would be baller to hide a momentary switch under a brake hood ergobrain-style

Has anybody, while driving, actually been blinded by a cyclists lights? Particularly their rear lights? That’s a ridiculous idea to me.

I just got this for my fizik saddle.

On a related note, get me into rechargable AA batteries that don’t totally suck ass. I gave up on the last set I was using when it lasted literally <20 minutes from completely charged with the light on medium.

I’ve had luck with just about any 2800 mah NiMH battery I’ve ever used, duracell, energizer, Kodak brand digital camera batteries, pretty much anything as long as it’s not expired and is charged properly in a quick charger has lasted far longer than alkaline

eneloop

Eneloops are the bomb, they’re advertised as 2100mAh because they intentionally leave out a bit of the electrolyte — this makes them basically impossible to self-discharge past 75% and less sensitive to cold.

They are relatively expensive, but there are some good knockoffs. I’ve got a ton of the energyON ones, this guy sells them 20 for $35 when he has them in stock: http://stores.ebay.com/Lowmarkup

Especially in the city, it doesn’t make much sense. People in cars go around with their high beams on without causing too much of a problem. The country where it’s actually dark is totally different. People will flash me with their brights if i forget to dip my dealextreme flashlight.