glasses/sunglasses to ride w/

^ Awesome. Thanks, man.

So, a dumb question about Zenni, they ask you for a center to center measurement, or “Pupillary Distance”. Do you guys just fudge this or do you take the actual measurement? I don’t really have anyone around me that can help.

I damaged my glasses a bit when I ran into the back of a stopped SUV a couple weeks back and figure I should replace them.

Just get someone you trust to measure accurately do it while you stare straight ahead. Or fudge it in a mirror if your desperate, which is what I did the first time and it worked alright, but having someone else do it would definitely help more.

I imagine there’s probably something we can do with laser beams to help measure your pupillary distance.

mike, your PD should be on your perscription!

Have you found a pair already? I’d love to rock a set (in white) of these for the summertime. So cool!

mikey I fudged the PD measurement because I didn’t have my prescription. Had no problems with the glasses. I have my actual prescription now, and I was only a little off.

[quote=le petit bear]

Have you found a pair already? I’d love to rock a set (in white) of these for the summertime. So cool![/quote]
this has to be jacques.

Cool. Thanks, y’all.

I stared into the mirror and stuck a ruler up to my face. It shouldn’t be too off. After reading some of the FAQ’s on the site, I found the median average for an adult and it’s pretty much where I’m at.

It wasn’t, man. I looked everywhere on it. Weird.

most doctors dont write the PD on the rx. its not a huge deal if your rx isnt above a +/- 2.00 in the sphere or cyl. if you really want the most accurate lens placement then just go down to your local optical joint and im pretty sure theyll measure it if you ask nice.

some avgs:
little kids: 55mm
teens/women: 60-63mm
avg dude: 63-65mm
big dude:67mm
john goodman: 70mm

I don’t know about getting prescription lenses in these, but this was part of the prize i got at that race in austin last weekend, i think for being from out of town, and i love them.

“Spokiz”
http://www.teamspokiz.com/ pronounced like spoke-eyes.

at first i was like “hmm these are weird” then i put them on.

• they are so light you dont really feel them much when youre riding and forget theyre there.
  • it is impossible for them to fall off
  • does not get in the way of helmet straps either under or over
  • you can easily just hang them around your neck when not in use
  • you cant see the frames when theyre on your face unless you move your eye to the side
  • the nose bridge is adjustable and does not slip
  • i dont worry about breaking them when i throw them in my bag - no hinges to break and the frame is aluminum
  • they come in fun tarck colors and since theyre made using spoke nipples, you could even change out the colors yourself

Since the site doesnt have the greatest photos of them in use (imo) here are some crappy ones from my phone to better show how they work:

the clear strap is solid, not a tube.

Hey Adam! Glad you are enjoying your Spokiz!

YES YES YES WE FILL PRESCRIPTIONS!!
I hand assemble all of the Spokiz myself. We can custom match all bands and spoke nipples to match your bike or just your style.
This along with ALUMINUM FRAMES and POLARIZED LENSES Customize the side band with your favorite saying, MINE,
BIKE AUSTIN LOVE…and I do LOVE TO BIKE AUSTIN, TX!!!
www.teamspokiz.com
We can do conversions on existing eye wear as well!

It doesn’t stop there…we also have a full line of kids prescription eye wear as well! We have 1 yr old children with lazy eyes wearing these to help correct their vision to prevent surgery.

The first 10 people to email me brian@teamspokiz.com before Wednesday May 19th, with PROMO CODE:

tarckbike will get half off Spokiz!!! (Retail $80.00)(1 discount pair per person)

Peace and Love,
Brian

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!

ACT NOW AND GET THE BATH TOWEL AND THE TIRE SCRUBBER FREE!!!

Tell me, did he ask you to post this crap here or do you regularly internet stalk your customers?

[quote=Gnarshred]BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!

ACT NOW AND GET THE BATH TOWEL AND THE TIRE SCRUBBER FREE!!![/quote]

HOLY SHIT!!!

Adam’s spokeiz looked pretty cool, but didn’t try them on.

[quote=CheshireCat]
do the gascans look silly iwth clear lenses? granted I wouldnt wear a set of pearly white frames like this guy:

[/quote]

uh huh… suuuuure.
Not a bad choice atmo.

might try to exploit my friendship with an oakley rep for a pair of these

prolly in clear

str8 lollin

[/quote]

please tell me you have different colored wayfarers for each kit

Wayfarer’s lenses are glass. I am not sure if you want to ride with them.

I like to insert sunglasses in my anus.