Group Buy on Aluminum BB30 Road Frames

I was poking around on Bike Forums and I found this. I won’t be buying one, since I already own a BB30 aluminum road frame, but it actually looks like a pretty decent deal if you don’t have an EP option from Specialized or C’dale, but were looking for a BB30 road bike (which I’m not sure includes anyone here). I think it’s a pretty decent looking frame, and I’d probably be all about it if I were still riding my Gunnar and looking to step up to something lighter and stiffer. Here’s the original thread about it from Bike Forums.

Cool paintjob on the fork.

id rather get an ebay carbon frameset for the same price

is this going to replace the caad9 as the bf roadie-mobile?

pretty sweet, but am i reading wrong or is shipping like $150?

he ships from korea.

I haven’t even stepped past square taper yet.

bad carbon frames are terrible

there is no material hierarchy

this.
might move up to external bb’s on my road bike

mightve been into this if it was spring.

there is no material hierarchy[/quote]
who’s to say they’re bad, or this is good? most likely the ebay frames are just unbranded frames from other brands a la bikesdirect.

who’s to say they’re bad, or this is good? most likely the ebay frames are just unbranded frames from other brands a la bikesdirect.[/quote]
seems like nobody would keep the secret if they where awesome huh?
bd isn’t just unbranded frames from other dudes jsyk.

who’s to say they’re bad, or this is good? most likely the ebay frames are just unbranded frames from other brands a la bikesdirect.[/quote]
seems like nobody would keep the secret if they where awesome huh?
bd isn’t just unbranded frames from other dudes jsyk.[/quote]

A) there’s a thread on RBR of people who love their ebay frames, also good reports on bf
B) aren’t most of them? the example that comes to mind is the track one.
D) no one is designing and setting up new manufacturing for a $340 carbon frame. i cant imagine how they couldnt be knockoffs from the same factory.

i don’t care where he ships from - that price is ridiculous and a dealbreaker. he needs to send a huge box to the states, and then ship individually from there.

i don’t care where he ships from - that price is ridiculous and a dealbreaker. he needs to send a huge box to the states, and then ship individually from there.[/quote]

A bike from Korea for 150 is not that expensive shipping wise. It would be more of a pain in the ass for him to have to set up a distributor in the US than to ship individually directly to folks willing to pay the shipping cost.

I would say $100 for a frame shipped from Asia. $150 sounds a bit steep,

I have had frames sent from Japan for $75.

That fork is cool.

Yeah but they’re crabon!!1@@#!

And yeah, the shipping is a little crazy for me. I’m sure he’s not ripping anyone off, but I just realized that that puts the bike into the “not really that good of a deal” category.