GT love

[quote=cookietruck][quote=bward1028]i was going to bid on this but it’s going out of my price range
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180558976314&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:1123[/quote]

that’s a badass bike.
definitely a high quality frame/fork[/quote]
whoa, i won it.

thoguht about bidding on it but sheeeeeeeeeit
i dont need a cross bike
but that seems like a helluva deal

not to toot my own horn or anything…older dudes lose their shit over my bike when they see me out on the trails. the zaskar model was extremely well made, and has a “cult like” following. mine is full xtr, sid comp fork, etc. this bike was actually ridden by a team rider for a season, so this exact color was never actually a production color…so a one of a kind (this is from what i’ve been told, and i can’t find this exact color/build anywhere online).

naw, they definitely had good ones. zaskar was one of the top-end ones… i forget what else.

[quote=stiffytruck]thoguht about bidding on it but sheeeeeeeeeit
i dont need a cross bike
but that seems like a helluva deal[/quote]

yeah, i think it was just poorly listed? especially since it’s mid cross season.
i don’t really need it either, going to be kind of silly to commute on, but now i have to sign up for some more cross races.

^that cross bike should be under BA bikes

tc: want to do a zaskar with 2" big apples and 1x9 drivetrain. would make the iro redundant though so whatever.

Zaskar was my dream bike all through the 90s.

just talked to the seller. original owner, original components, never raced, only ridden on the road. tiemeyer-built, custom geometry. he said that the serial number is his last name, which is pretty cool. pictures in a week or so

fuuuuu

jamey, that’s a rad gt.

[quote=bward1028][quote=cookietruck][quote=bward1028]i was going to bid on this but it’s going out of my price range
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180558976314&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:1123[/quote]

that’s a badass bike.
definitely a high quality frame/fork[/quote]
whoa, i won it.[/quote]

oh awzm.

fyi guys, that’s a fillet brazed 853 frame…not some shitty GTB or Al welded ugly ass mountain bike :dramacloud:

i’d be interested in what the serial number is.
the longmont shop was the custom shop for GT, all the frames built there were steel. the Ti and Al frames were built in california somewhere.
the builder of that frame could’ve been Paul Chamberlain with assistance from Jason Hamburgh and Bruce Lagerquist…but there’s no telling really.
Nobilette built my frame in his shop, your frame has many of the same fittings like the henry james frok tips and the seat extension collar…but nobilette only built a few road frames in his shop and built for a year in the longmont shop…all road frames.

yamaguchi didn’t build any GT frames.

just talked to the seller. original owner, original components, never raced, only ridden on the road. tiemeyer-built, custom geometry. he said that the serial number is his last name, which is pretty cool. pictures in a week or so[/quote]

oh shiii.

that’s awzm.
tiemeyer was builder for some those gt frames too.
the road frames were kinda crazy geometry…

So… are any NEW GTs any good? MTB or Cross?

I’ve always had a love for GT. My first bike was a GT Jr Interceptor that I raced for several years as a youngin’. Now I have a GTB. I wouldn’t mind adding something off-roady GT to my stable, but never sure if any of the new stuff is worth a crap.

just talked to the seller. original owner, original components, never raced, only ridden on the road. tiemeyer-built, custom geometry. he said that the serial number is his last name, which is pretty cool. pictures in a week or so[/quote]

I’ve got a similar frame I’ve been waiting a while to build up. 853, Tiemeyer-built, etc. Built for journalist Michael Gamstetter, and Gamstetter is the serial number,

Send me that frame immediately.

damn i love those 853 edges

i was hounding this guy to sell me his for a while

There’s a ti edge frame and fork in an lbs around here. Anyone wants it just send me their $1200 asking price plus shipping.

Despite what you guys have read, every bike in this thread was built by Yamaguchi. I saw it on Prolly’s blog so I know that it’s true.