Ham Curious

Rando, since you obviously have some sort of problem with people having fun, you should probably GTFO this thread.

You obviously have problems that are obscuring your ability to see I suffer from Hambiek overload. Was the AZ fat bike race link prefaced by hateful commentary desecrating all that could be found within?

Some time ago I joked with Braden about a TT Hambiek. Lo and behold two days later a guy pulls up along side of me riding a fucking Surly with full TT setup.

My fuckoff post about a dad-e bike was about the fact there are going to be e-hambieks. Not because I made it up on the interwebnuts, because the industry is currently putting motors on all the things to be released in 2 years.

It’s obvious the NSA is trolling you bro.

That creeped me out. SEO and lurkers?

My point is, why do you give a fuck what silly shit people do in the pursuit of fun? Why get bent out of shape about it? Nobody’s getting hurt.
Except your butt, apparently.

There have been eHams for years. Rode a Pugsley with BionX at Interbike years ago.

[quote=that guy]http://twentynineinches.com/2012/07/05/fat-bike-29er-wheel-set-mid-term/

http://twentynineinches.com/2012/10/11/fat-bike-29er-wheel-set-final-review/[/quote]

Thanks for that… Guy sorts makes it sound like a lazy rigid 29er. I can’t see that Handspun ever really started selling their wheelset, but I see On One has a pretty reasonably priced set.

So if the wife and I got bikes and a spare wheel set, I think we would be pretty well set up for a lot of riding conditions… Will have to think this over more, just wondering whether or not I could ever find a XS Mukluk for less than retail (and nearby).

I’d try a regular 29er before you jump all the way in. Just as comparison.

Yes. Listen to SV.

For better or for worse we’re a long ways off from buying any more bikes right now. Mostly because I don’t want to spend $4000 on a pair of bikes and then never ride them lol.

I keep being this close to pulling the trigger on a pugsley frameset, and then seeing the track ends and being like NO

I don’t have any experience with track ends, I suppose I don’t want to?

Can any hambros comment more on the offset rear end on the Pugsley? To me this is the big sticking point between the Pugs and the Mukluk - the Mukluk seems more “normal”, but then you have to get the special 170mm hubs. Which is probably easy enough now, but is there anything actually bad about the set-up on the Pugsley once the wheel is built? Besides the fact that it’s goofy lookin’ of course.

Track ends and dick brakes suck ass.

^also track ends with a dangler also sucks. Pugsley rear end double sucks.

Just got back from a trip Down South to visit family, and actually got in some decent mileage on the road. Interesting what doing nothing but commuting on ice and snow has done to my road legs. I get the feeling that enjoying a bike year-round in Madison almost requires a fatbike to find fun things to do during the winter. Gonna take a massive brodeal to get me one though. Anyone unhappy enough with their Pugsley to throw it away, gimme a call first.

I’m your guy, guy.

Saw a hambike on pretty much the only place in town one should be riding one (forest park). And it looked like fun.

You got a Pugsley to part with?

Magura eng goes DIY on a ham bouncy fork

Is there a need for bounce on a ham tyre?

The custom fat bike lefty fork was cooler.