HAMLETS

TC I bought my discounted Giro from REI after they decided to boycott them

1 Like

Yeah I got some cheap pants or shoes or something.

I’m really digging my Bontrager Circuit MIPS. I went with plain white, but secretly wish I was carefree enough to rock the hot pink.

6 Likes

Kask still makes the absolute best helmets (according to my head). But yeah… price.

Q has some stupid deals on Briko at the moment. I ordered one today to check out.

1 Like

STORN

1 Like

i super wish bontrageur helmets fit me well. they are very inexpensive for me and i think they still do free minus shipping crash replacement for a year

I don’t even understand internet dithering a helmet brand you’re not used to wearing they all fit so much different. Some fit okay but look awful. Some look good but don’t fit. Gotta try that shit on unless you’re familiar with the fit

1 Like

the only time i’ve felt more stressed is buying climbing shoes

Picked up a Bontrager Starvos for $100
Great feeling helmet for ~cheap. Not paying $200+ makes helmet buying lots less stressful.

No matter what helmet you get, I think we can all conclude that one should never pay retail for anything Giro

4 Likes

+1 for Kask, I have a mojito, and it disappears onto my head like those old Limars did, the f107 I think the model was?

I use the Kask for road / gravel and a MEGAVENT Catlike for comuting, and the difference is pretty noticeable. The Catlike feels big and bulky and poorly attached to my head compared to the Kask.

@VT_regularbike is right though that this is like shoes: no substitute for trying it on.

1 Like

I think I’ve dropped my helmet many times and this finally happened. Do I fix this or get a new helmet because it’s maybe due for a renew?

I think if you’re asking the question “do I need a new helmet?” The answer is “yes”

3 Likes

I’ll look n see what REI has

Absolute truth.

1 Like

I bought a smith at REI. Most visible color, black.

It’s borderline malpractice for cycling equipment companies to sell black helmets and black rain / cold weather gear. Lights are best for visibility, but having the highest point and single largest uninterrupted surface area done up in a bright color really helps.

7 Likes

My blaze orange Smith helmet is probably the most visible thing I own.

1 Like

The one true helmet color.

It’s true I bought a new hamlet today. It black. Matte fucking black and also an obnoxious yellow ottolock