Helmets

If you wear one, which?

Currently: Giro Atmos. Sleek looking and well ventilated.

Bell Metro. Total commuter nerd helmet, and it has a bunch of neat crap that attaches to it.

Bell’s cheapest ‘DUI’ helmet.
I fell on Saturday without it and my wife yelled at me :colbert:

Oh yes. I’ve had two skull fractures, a class 1 and class 3 concussion, I’m now deaf in my left ear, and about 6 CT scans as a result of two head injuries. My collection of helmets consists of 2 Giro Xen’s, 1 Vigor full face, and 2 Pro-Tec skate lids. If I’m on a bike, I’ve got a helmet on.

661 dirt lid, and a Giro somethingorotherwhatzit.

God damn…I fortunately have yet to have any serious head injuries. Admittedly, once I started wearing a helmet consistently, i realized just how dumb I feel for having not in the past.

Note: this thread is in no way intended to be preachy about wearing helmets.

I have a Bern Brentwood. Low profile, matte black skater type helmet.
I’ll post a pic with it on some time.

[quote=“hudsong”]I have a Bern Brentwood. Low profile, matte black skater type helmet.
I’ll post a pic with it on some time.[/quote]

+1 … it’s too hot under there… so i rarely wear it.

i have another helmet but it’s ugly.

I have something from Limar, but I couldn’t find a pic to post. It’s a great helmet. I rode for many years without a helmet and about a year ago I started wearing one for no particular reason. Now I can’t imagine riding without one. The few times I have, I’ve felt very uncomfortable.

i have a giro pneumo thats taken alot of abuse… the huge crack on the front told me to get a new lid so i ordered an atmos… should be here in a week or 2… i hope.

-j

Bell Furio or Limar 909

[quote=“hudsong”]I have a Bern Brentwood. Low profile, matte black skater type helmet.
I’ll post a pic with it on some time.[/quote]

i have one of those. its too hot for summer riding though. im using a giro atmos now. its so light compared to the brentwood, i feel like i dont have anything on my head.

I have a bell skateboard something or rather. It’s metallic and maroon and has a logo that looks like sushi with a full shark on it. It’s my winter and polo helmet.
I also just paid to much for a nice new Giro, but it sure is nice to have a helmet that has ventilation and fits correctly.

Giro Havoc & a Bell skateboard/bmx style helmet. Finally getting used to wearing a helmet all the time.

bell solar.

I have a Bell Sweep R that I need to wear more. I don’t know what my problem is. I’m not trying to impress anyone. Sigh.

I’ll wear it to work tomorrow and see how I feel.

Giro Atmos. I’ve been considering buying either an Xbox 360 or a Catlike helmet, though.

Bell furio.
Fits my head nicely and its pretty low profile; not too mushroomy.

ive got a protec. but its too hot. i need to get a new one soon

^^ its all about the vents… until winter anyway. I’m fairly sure protec style helmets aren’t meant to be worn for more than 10 minutes or so.