Help me build this S&S coupled land shark touring/rando rig.

Dicking that frame would hella JA.

Figure out what gearing and color components you want and base it on that.

I’d do DT shifters, TB14s, 44/30 on those Ritcheys, 11x30, silver parts, slight metallic paint.

What size tires does it fit?

[quote=hiljentaa]Dicking that frame would hella JA.

Figure out what gearing and color components you want and base it on that.

I’d do DT shifters, TB14s, 44/30 on those Ritcheys, 11x30, silver parts, slight metallic paint.

What size tires does it fit?[/quote]

I’m not putting mounts on this frame. The build you describe is likely what I’ll go for minus DT shifters. I have record 10 carbon shifters and various alloy campy 10 shifters, but I’m hesitant to go full classy with this build. Woke up thinking about a semi-metallic champagne kind of color? Not sure what to do about a rear 135mm campy splined hub. Any tips? Going with DT shifters and shimano would simplify this build immensely, as I have an XTR 9 rear hub and plenty of other shimano stuff, and maybe DA 9 spd DT shifters. But damn, I’m way into brifters.

Check the score of the day thread for something that came with this frame.

Oh, and the frame came with 38c soma c lines and fenders mounted so it has some solid clearance.

Edit: should I add more rack braze ons to the fork?

Yes

with dbl eyelets and the mid-blade brazeons, in addition to canti mounts seems like it would be prefectly fine, as far as rack-mounting goes. unless ur gonna load the fuck out of this thing, i think more brazeons would just start to clutter it, frame and fork alike.

and why do you need a 135mm spaced hub for this bike? is it really not (meant to be) spaced 130?

rear spacing is definitely 135mm. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve compressed a frame to take 130…

I would just get cx75 hubs and ignore that they have disc mounts. And not respace it.

campy bro. i want campy though bro

so get chorus and a conversion axle with spacers?
here i did the hard work

Yeah, that’s what I want to know. Is there a not ghetto way to re-space hubs that I already have? I’m very down to do this as I have probably 5 campy wheelsets. I’m just not very well versed in wheel nerdness.

I edited my post with the axle you need. you’ll need one of these too http://wheelsmfg.com/products/hub-parts/axle-spacers/5mm-axle-spacer-1025.html
sets you back a whole dollar.
you could also get 2 2.5mm spacers and put one on each side a 2mm and .5mm spacer for each side, if you already have the wheel built.

[quote=turpencat]I edited my post with the axle you need. you’ll need one of these too http://wheelsmfg.com/products/hub-parts/axle-spacers/5mm-axle-spacer-1025.html
sets you back a whole dollar.
you could also get 2 2.5mm spacers and put one on each side a 2mm and .5mm spacer for each side, if you already have the wheel built.[/quote]

Okay, so I need the axle, two 2mm spacers and two .5mm spacers? And the array of spacers allows the wheel to be used as is without re-dishing? Thank you for this.

putting one 5mm spacer on the nds and re-dishing would be preferable

to have less parts in the mix?

better spoke tension balance, and keeps the cogs the right distance from the dangler

Rad. Thanks

I think Industry 9 can build a road hub body with a 135 axle and a Campy splined freehub.

Chris king makes r45s
Dt Swiss 350/240/190
White industries blah blahs

I know you already have a some campy wheels built and ready.
But if and when you wanna ball and get some new shiny hubs you could always get the Ambrosio Campy/Shimano cassette doohickey!
They are only available in 10 speed as far as I know. But a shimano splined cassette with campy spacing is not a bad thing to have laying around!