Help me build this S&S coupled land shark touring/rando rig.

Someone just offered me a son deluxe/white industries wheelset for 400 but the rear is 130. Should I try to squeeze it in or is that fucking stupid? Kind of feel like I should buy them anyway…

should be able to convert that axle too. Just call up white and ask. If not, respacing isn’t a big deal really

or just buy it and sell it to someone here as a service.

this is an ok deal. not quite erock level but close

Seems pretty damn cheap to me. Rear hub is an H3. Velocity Synergy. All silver. Classy.

Just get the frame respaced.

Get the wheels anyway

http://www.whiteind.com/campy-shimano-convertion/

well, you can for sure get the campy conversion. not sure if you can get 135 axle tho

I called white industries and they said I needed an 8 dollar part and to have the wheel redished. I don’t remember what part but she said the existing axle will be fine. Does this sound right? I think it was a new end cap or something

seems right, since they aren’t using solid threaded axles.

yea, for real. stop this hub dithering and just make things easy for yourself

130 will be fine and a lot less trouble if you are hellbent on Campy.

an $8 end cap and re-dish seems pretty freakin easy with no danger of denting or stressing the frame.

I bought them with compass 38s, shimano 9 speed cassette and VO locking skewers for 495 shipped. I’m pleased

I had a 135 campy WI at one point… sold it cuz campy does not put the camp in camp, shimano makes way more sense for the camplife.

It actually ended up being 132.5

Hey bud. I do believe I’ll end up building this with shimano. I might even try down tube shifters.

I also bought the busch + müller lumotec iq-x for this tonight. People are going to hate me in the city.

If you still love that campy lever feel, you can run campy 10 shifters with a shimano (road 7-10, mtb 7-9) mech & 9sp cassette and hubbub cable routing (or 8sp cassette and regular routing). Or campy 11 shifters and a shimano (road 7-10, mtb 7-9) mech & 10sp cassette with hubbub cable routing or 9sp cassette and regular routing. google shimergo and hubbub for details.

Noone’s going to hate you with an IQ-X, you won’t be blinding people like you would with an high power unshaped beam.