Help Me Choose A Cyclocross Bike

ok. what would tarck bear do?

motobecane fantom cross cx

or

motobecane fantom cx

or

???

Neither. Pony up the extra few hundred bucks for a carbon fork and Shimano 105. Sora is worthless…

ok. i didnt get ANY of that. wtf r u talkin bout

universal has a 15% off coupon, you can get a new xcheck for >500 shipped

er, >900

fukka $900. i want a biek, but not two months car payment worth of biek

really solbro?

the words sora, 105 and carbon go over your head of luxurious hair?

you get what you pay for. for 500 i’d look used or singlespeed, though i prob. wouldn’t agree with jeremy that sora is entirely worthless… depends if you want to race cx, or just have a fat tire, sometimes trails, rainy day road bike.

really solbro?

the words sora, 105 and carbon go over your head of luxurious hair?[/quote]
ya, who woulda thunk it.

also, *soluxurious hair

you get what you pay for. for 500 i’d look used or singlespeed, though i prob. wouldn’t agree with jeremy that sora is entirely worthless… depends if you want to race cx, or just have a fat tire, sometimes trails, rainy day road bike.[/quote]
i want a road biek that has cantis and can fit wider tyres.

I’m trying to tell you it’s a better idea in the long run. Those cheapo BD bikes come with throwaway saddles, bars, and seatposts for the most part, so you mostly have to account for the list price as a base that you’ll have to add to over time.

but for $400, i could have another bike altogether.

FUCK being so awesomely tall. it really narrows the used bike market

at the end of the day, they are all taiwanese bieks

you get what you pay for. for 500 i’d look used or singlespeed, though i prob. wouldn’t agree with jeremy that sora is entirely worthless… depends if you want to race cx, or just have a fat tire, sometimes trails, rainy day road bike.[/quote]

AFAIK the long term durability of Sora is not so great.

Come on sol, this is a horrible argument and you know it. Many of the bikes being raced in le Tour are also made in Taiwan. Your point?

le tour de tarck? rimshot!

ok. real talk, i dont kno shit bout bieks. HALP!

[quote=solbrothers]but for $400, i could have another bike altogether.

FUCK being so awesomely tall. it really narrows the used bike market[/quote]

but there’s equally less demand. i saw a 63cm complete GTB sit for like a month, consigned for 500 at a LBS. in fucking portland.

aka buy this one http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/windsor/cyclo.htm. Full Shimano 105 group, carbon fork, and outboard bearing crankset.

a used shit bike store dude tried to sell me a shitty vintage schwinn rattle canned black for $150. FUUUU