Hey check this great idea out.

Wow wow wow.

1 Like

Best idea ever I’m buying three.

Holy shit no

I bet their Kickstart goal doesn’t include the liability insurance they didn’t get and will so badly need.

2 Likes

for what it’s worth- i have seen a zip-back cap (baseball style), so, you know, the technology is there

The ‘people fumbling with otherwise mundane tasks’ thing is always fun.

You think that anyone would actually offer insurance for those, um, tires? I’d imagine that the thought of a zipper coming loose and having the tread wind its way around the bike and the rider (with the sharp pieces of the zipper causing 10d6 damage in the process) would be enough to drive the most hardened adjuster screaming from the building.

1 Like

That’s kinda my point. They haven’t done their due diligence in getting a solid business plan with all aspects worked out. Basic liability insurance for a road use product would in the 101 class of business planning.

You of all people know the risk involved.

It seems like you’d want the zip direction to be the reverse of how they’re showing it, also.

I actually think these folx might have something viable.

Look know much easier that one on the bottom is compared to the guy struggling above.

Edit: nvmd no embedded gif

You zip it over existing tires??

(I’m not clicking that link, ain’t giving them that respect)

Just imagine the type of absolute dipshit who works forty hours a week and then spends his or her money on zip-up tires.

$15,000 worth of consumers
it is truely the end times

1 Like

You say that now, but Reddit.

Oh, it’s much better than that; they’re selling roadcycling tires with zippers on them and you zip on extra tread for pretending to shred the gnar. And that have a little video of someone stopping at the edge of a lawn, unzipping their mtb treads, stuffing them (without cleaning them, of course, because who doesn’t want their baggage to be lined with cowshit and other unmentionables?) into their backpack, then riding off on the pavement on the basic tire.

It’s a three ring circus of stupid.

1 Like

And yet, fully backed.

The end of days.

1 Like

I showed the concept to sup and asked if she thought it was cool or not. She. Said no that looks like it would fall apart and kill me.

She’s a keeper guys.

2 Likes

Oh this makes total sense then - I want to commute fast and having that extra resistance when I go from trail to pavement on my mixed surface commute really holds me back, so great that I can now stop for five minutes after I get off the trail and make sure my tires are supple enough to get me to the office lickety-splick!

conceptually it is appealing in one particular case which is studded tires for winter, where having the studs really slows you down and you usually don’t need them for the entire ride
unfortunately, studded tires only get used in icy salty nasty conditions which seems…not optimal? for zippers

4 Likes

but how do they plane