Hey, Fookers -- aka, the pedal thread

Been testing a bunch of flat pedals and found one that I like (even) better than the ISSI Stomp–Deity’s T-Mac. Paired with 5.10 dotty-soled shoes, your feet are really locked in.

1 Like

No picture, but I’ve pretty much all but destroyed the tree pedals on my bmx bike. I like pedal grinds. Plastic isn’t the greatest for that. Metal isn’t either. No happy medium. But they were $15.

0 Likes

What if you made cartridge pedal bodies out of wax so the spindle and bearings could be reused?

0 Likes

These always look so baller and deliciously comfortable. Never been able to justify the expense, since my Chesters work fine and give me zero problems, but if I were balling out on flat pedals, I’d probably get these.

0 Likes

I can’t remember who makes them, but there’s a flat pedal that mixes composite and alloy bits which supposedly makes it better at withstanding rock strikes.

0 Likes

There are pedals out there with replaceable bodies, but they all tend to be a lot “chunkier” than I like.

1 Like

Are there pedals out there that make sweet sweet sparks when you grind on them?

2 Likes

I put orange Fookers on our blue Bullitt, they’re pretty decent for $23

0 Likes

Magnesium sparks if the conditions are right.

0 Likes

this should go here

1 Like

Then BMXers would get even more shit at the park, this time for waxing the coping.

0 Likes

skateboards wax stuff on a much higher level than bmxers ever will.

0 Likes

These look interesting.

0 Likes

whats the tarck approved flat pedal for a road bike? my black mountain cycles road never gets ridden because i am in road bike denial and keep my clipless pedals on it but never want to suit up. but most flat pedals dont look quite right for a road bike.

1 Like

I’ve got silver shimano cranks and older silver shimano pedals an my road-ish bike. It looks right. Something like this would be the closest modern equivalent:
https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-PD-GR500-Flat-Pedals

1 Like

Velo Orange Sabot? Or maybe one of Deity’s pedals in grey/pewter?

0 Likes

I’d really like to try these next time I buy pedals

0 Likes

I’d just throw on some black Fookers and ride off into the sunset

3 Likes

Not grip kings

1 Like

I’m very into these XT spd/flat pedals. Have them on two bikes.

3 Likes