Hey, what's your Sundeal?

So much oil slick the EPA about to declare that bike a superfund site. Love it.

12 Likes

Yeaht thats boss as hell

the bluegreen oilslick for the bar and post really ties the room together

5 Likes

Are there more?

7 Likes

XTR dual control!? STORN.

I love this whole thing. What’s the plan for the unused left shifter?

Sadly I think neither are going to be on the bike long term. The seatpost is going away in favor of a cheap dropper, and I think I want Jones bars on here.

The left shifter is eventually going to actuate the future dropper lever. I know which pawl needs to be blocked off, but currently debating if I want to expend the effort to figure out how to do it in a reversible way, or just break out the dremel tool and remove the pawl entirely.

1 Like

Big man, tiny wheels, as it should be

2 Likes

Dunno about those xtr shakes, but I was able to remove remove the pawl and spring on another Shimano shifter in a non-destructive manner.

Dremel that shit out! The seals will fail before you get a chance to use those brifters on a double or triple

1 Like

who wants to help me write a love letter to the Katu?

i think ultimately i want to do a thing where a narrator is reading a literal letter addressed to them romanticizing the katu, 10 minuteish thing. think sans soleil.
but instead of time and space and filmmaking its about our dumbass little bikes

https://youtu.be/fdusEgrbhgA

hopefully i don’t need to clarify but in case i do, the end goal is a shitpost of a essay film, lets not get too carried away analyzing this idea

4 Likes

Ah, the life on bicycle

okay change of plans

Migael just sent me a nice poem
and i want you guys to just write me things inspired by katu or just bicycles and ill deal with how it works in the context of the larger thing

I want it to be very Godard inspired

Have you read “Need for the Bike” by Paul Fournel?

1 Like

No! I’ll look for it

This is a left bank reference material only shit post

Scratch that, Instead just kill me

5 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOO </3

:crying_cat_face:

Again?? I thought this was made by a legit manufacturer, not @ProCracknfailBro

8 Likes

Noooooo.

Time to upgrade to a Neutrino?

2 Likes