Hey, what's your Sundeal?

You mean in this particular 20” wheeled subset of the fucked up club for idiots? :tarckbear:

no sir, you’ve now graduated tarck. you are now a member of clown college

5 Likes

Does it count if I have two bikes that each have one 20” wheel or does it only count if it’s one bike that has two 20” wheels?

Sorry, gotta be double twentys on a non-folder.

@Rusty_Piton i’m give you an honorable mention because your clydesdale xtracycle is like a clown bike ocean liner but Jimmy is right, double 20s on a nonfolder is the price of admission

speaking of which, @Dickason_Daniel how’s it going?

2 Likes

@spaghetti Lemme tell ya, Ryan- I created the original minivelo thread in November '08. Here we are 11-12 years later, I finally got a minivelo, and it’s got freakin’ hydraulic disc brakes! What a time to be alive. Couldn’t be happier! It fits both me and my 10 year old daughter. Stupendous.

8 Likes

Poor Fred

1 Like

I could probably still sell it to Fred. The only really good thing it would be useful for, for me, is like camping near the beach and bringing a bunch of crap from campsite to beach. Limited use case that a big Wald could probably solve.

Do you ever have guests? IMO mini velos are great as loaner bikes.

god damn it i really want one of these things
do you guys think they would be good in snow? short wheelbase might be the opposite of what i’d want

Very true. Will absolutely loan to any tarcker who visits richmond for some reason.

Idk what your winter commuting is like but it’s the only thing I’ve ridden since thanksgiving

Also, I don’t think the wheelbase is shorter

1 Like

1082mm from their geo chart

Wheelbase on katu is shorter than a regular adult road bike but it’s not a clown bike either.

my dumbass theory is that because the wheels are very small, they are spinning faster, and thus won’t get caked up with as much snow
and even if they do, i could space the fenders pretty far away from them, and the wheels are so close to the ground that i wouldn’t catch as much spray when it’s wet
but i’m a little concerned that the high wheel speed will result in EXTRA spray because faster
tell me how wrong i am

if youre actually trying to ride through snow of any depth i subscribe to the practice of cutting through snow on skinny tires and no fenders

but katu is fine on 2.3" tires and no fenders, but we have a great plowing program because the mayor is on hot water. if i had fenders theyd get caked up with bullshit i dont want to deal with.

1 Like

It hasn’t snowed in Cincinnati this year in any meaningful way.

My fenders are set up about as far as possible and I’m not catching spray. It doesn’t snow here but rains a ton.

this isn’t snow of meaningful depth, it’s like 1-2 inches tops because our plowing is also great.
i would ride the skinny tire no fender bike, but then in the afternoon when it’s all melty, the spray annoys me too much
so i’m looking for a bike that will handle the snow (with fenders) and also keep me dry in the afternoon after it melts a bit

a thing that is a bit strange about rochester is that we’ll get 1-2 inches of snow like…5 days a week, so this is a problem more often than you might expect

katu-e bike work well in slush, though the only thing i have to compare it to is a cross bike with 35c tires