Hey, what's your Sundeal?

I’ll PM you lets talk deets.

I’m also headed to Seattle the weekend of the 25th.

I will reserve right of first refusal should you ever decide to sell. (I’ve already sold then bought it back from Scott once).

EDIT: PS mine is the larger"53" cm size.
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/nano_geo_chart.html

Tc: rode my sundeal twice.
It’s so now, so maybe I’ll ride it more.

'sup sundealers. I’m trading with Marley this weekend and bringing one of thes home.

Please refresh my memory on seatpost size and length. What diameter post? If I want a saddle height of 740mm, will I need to buy a new post?

Anything else I should know about?

I don’t have my bike handy (forgot it at a friends place) but I do have the stock post here. It’s 27.2 and 450mm w/ 330mm min insert to the bottom of the rails. I ditched it because it’s a notched head and I couldn’t level it to my satisfaction. It may work for that saddle height, I can’t remember from my dithering.

Edit: I think it should totally work, the second post I used was also 450mm and my saddle height is about yours if not higher.

1 Like

Sweet thanks.

Velo Orange mini velo is amazing. Forgot to take photos so here’s one stolen off IG featuring our very own @igor :

9 Likes

wtf that looks awesome and i want one

Can we still haze igor for being a corporate shill or do we like him now?

1 Like

Why not both?

2 Likes

I like those fenders.

Mine is going to get stripped/painted a variety of very bright colors.

I’ve never ridden a mini velo, how different does it feel vs a typical “road” bike?

Pretty normal, IMO.

I think we always liked Igor
At least I always have
DQ what is the point of a minivelo though

Things I liked about mine:

1. Silly. Not everything needs to be optimized to the gills.
  2. The shorter overall length, while not much on paper, really makes them easier to maneuver when walking in a crowd like a farmers market. Also easier to store inside. Slightly easier to throw in back of a car, but definitely not sedan-trunk small.
  3. Lots of room for a huge front load without handlebar interference.
  4. Get to use awesome huge time-trial sized chainrings.
  5. Good loaner bike for guests of different heights.

Somehow, once set up my mini became my least-messed-with bike, and therefore was old reliable. Always ready to ride by 'sup or I or a friend with no fiddly issues to worry about.

Not many reasons to get one instead of a typical bike, but as an N+1 they are worth trying at least once.

afai can tell, igor is the one guy with a business in that particular niche that isn’t going around telling anyone it’s the only way to enjoy riding a bike.

now tell us more about the vo mini velo

1 Like

He’s going to get home from Philly to 29 @ mention emails in his inbox.

he posted on their blog about it: https://velo-orange.blogspot.com/2018/10/introducing-new-velo-orange-small.html

1 Like

I like that the only comment is asking for an enormous one. Maxi-mini-velo

I’d be curious to see one with a non-LD stem and flat bars. The fenders + discs are super hot though.

Also less surface area to inspect for flat tire repair.

Does that also mean that minivelos go through tires more quickly?