Hey, what's your Sundeal?

Talking velo orange into selling us the neutrino seconds

5 Likes

Bumming I missed out on neutrino blems from the garage sale

3 Likes

So Katugang, I’m considering dropping 2bongs on the E-Katu.
Stalk to me about it?

EDIT: I’m talking about this guy, in salmon pink what else.

3 Likes

What you wanna know? It rides like a huge wheel base bmx made for big people atmo. Very helpful, I know.

1 Like

Pretty much tell me all of the things, but mostly maybe how it rides with a decent load up front.
I want to get as a commuter/shopper here in Åre. I live really close to the shops here (3-5km’s) but what holds me back from using a bike to shop for groceries etc in the summer months is that I have a cat. 3 gravel road climb up to my aparment…
The drawbacks of living half way up a mountain I guess.

the color is gorg

are there any around to test ride?
when were you thinking of ordering? i’m happy to go make a cat litter run this weekend and give you an impression.

the basket isn’t huge. it perfectly fits a very large timbuk2 mess bag i have. i havent carried a ton of weight (no litter or bags of cat food) but have carried a large volume of things, stacking over the basket with a cargo net and have felt secure on my 6 mile flat commute.

i just added a rear rack and will add panniers when we’re allowed to be outside again.

idk anything about the ebike market, is there something with more guaranteed volume for the same price? it wont be as petite tho,

1 Like

I carried maybe 20 beers in mine the other week and it handled totally fine. I didn’t even notice the weight on handling just that I went slower up hills. With the e-version I think you could put some good weight up front and have a rear rack for all your soft/light things. The front rack isn’t HUGE but it also isn’t small. For 2 bongs I would seriously consider other cargo options as well. I really like the katu because it is easy to get in and out of the garage, rides fine, and I paid almost nothing for it. I have come to the opinion that I would pay full price for a replacement but I probably couldn’t afford the e-bike.

Not much experience riding loaded, but the times I have, it was hardly noticeable. Having the basket attach to the frame feels like it neutralizes most of the loaded v unloaded difference.

2 Likes

How would it work with Vig’s height? Could you hang panniers off the sides of the front rack for extra haulage?

So far my heaviest load has been riding empties down to glass recycling, but I don’t really notice it other than the bike being heavier. Definitely feels better than having to basket attached to the fork.

I did test ride the eKatu and it did make riding up steep stuff a breeze.

The biggest Katu annoyance for me has been trying to maneuver it through tight spaces. Having the basket attached to the frame makes that more difficult, still trying to get used to it.

1 Like

@spaghetti: Yeah that color caught my eye immediately! There’s no place to test ride on I’m afraid, the shop I would buy it from is located in Gothenburg and I could maybe have my brother check in there when Covid19-situation has calmed down. They should at least have the non-e-bike Katu on the floor for him to test ride.
I’m quite okay with the basket not being enourmous, since I’m a single household I think it will suit me and Laban (the cat) fine :slight_smile: I’m thinking of adding a rear rack later on maybe.
Most e-bikes here are either mtb’s or really clunky hybrid’s, I really like the smolness of this and that it can live inside/outside without taking up to much space.

@turpentine: I’m scouting around for other small e-cargo’s but I cant seem to find one as clever as the Katu…

@jimmythefly: I’m around 6’2 so I think @JUGE_FREDD is still taller than me? But I won’t mind a slightly less efficient (more chillax) riding position. I could always buy a long ass seatpost and get a different cockpit.

What’s your saddle height? I just measured mine at 80 cm with the stock saddle. It’s near the top of the stock post. There’s some millimeters left before it’s maxed out, not sure how much though.

I’m maxed out on the stem. That puts the bars near or slightly lower than the saddle.

I’m usually around 80-85 depending a bit on bike type…

I’m 194 cm though mostly torso and the fit is fine for me. I have it set up to put toes down comfortably.

1 Like

For yr inspo board
Heres mine w recent beautifying attempt

9 Likes

@Petr5: I think I might be a bit more legs than you. But I end at 187 cm.

@spaghetti: Got damn son, that is beautiful. Also where is the Katugang stickers?

Also thinking the new MicroSHIFT Advent X gruppo really is perfect for the Katu/Sundeal/Neutrino. 167$ for 10 speed 11-48 casette (HG standard), clutch dangler and shifter. Hella bargain!

1 Like

Regrettably forgot about katugang stickers. Will dig into that this weekend

2 Likes

oh dang. that is a killer deal

I’m so mad Orbea canceled my bargain basement Katu order.

1 Like

Pulled my post to see how much was left, 1.5cm, so max 81.5-ish on stock parts.

1 Like