Hip packs / pouches.

The only real way to listen to music is on a Victrola with a cylinder. These… compact discs are ruining the beauty of the audio experience, I don’t care how easy they are to carry around.

Film is awesome, but it is also dead (see Kodachrome). At some point, it will become nothing more than an esoteric medium.

Kodachrome is still being made and can still be developed. i see your point, but “some point” is still pretty far out there. especially while the movie industry still burns though miles of film each year. there are strong hints that even poloaroid will go back into production soon.

my biggest annoyance is that everyone can use a digital camera to the point where everyone thinks they’re a photographer. film kept it sort of a closed society… if you couldn’t process and print, you weren’t a photographer. now i tell people that’s what i do and they say “OH ME TOO! DO U HAS FLICKR?” and it’s awful. i typically hate most people’s photography. -____- i also hate people with tons of money to buy a lot of accessories and the results are so uninteresting, like having a huge painting studio and using massive canvases but just ripping off jackson pollock.

ugh i know exactly what you mean. i hate flickr.

I think it is great that photography is accessible. Why the Flicker hate? It seems a fine way to share pictures.

Art is subjective.

June 22, 2009

Today, Kodak announced that it will retire the 74-year old iconic KODACHROME Color Film – the oldest color film in our portfolio.

Pretty sure I have more pinhole than anyone on this board

uh what? did you know that you can outsource both of these things?

uh what? did you know that you can outsource both of these things?[/quote]

Ansel Adams, you are NOT! Calibration! Zones! Must control entire process start to finish!

im sure your being sarcastic halbritt.
but i feel that way. i feel you need to put in the work and the hours for it to be satisfying as an art form.
i could make another comparison to painting, but i did that earlier

barba,
i wasnt really trying to hate on flickr
flickr is great! i use it and in fact i update it every couple days,
its a great tool for digital photography and sharing

PS
can we get this renamed and moved to off topic?
theres another hip pouch thread thats active.
this seems more about photography (and camera bags)
just an idea

sometimes it doesn’t take hours.

i sold a painting to one of my art teachers. this painting by far took me the least bit of time, yet is my best. Sometimes it just flows, it is possible to spend to much time on a painting or photoshoot.

i do understand what u mean about putting in the work, but its not always the case.

yeah i’ve used flickr for awhile now and think its great. I find the photo pools very useful when researching new idea and techniques.

[quote=GRHebard]im sure your being sarcastic halbritt.
but i feel that way. i feel you need to put in the work and the hours for it to be satisfying as an art form.
i could make another comparison to painting, but i did that earlier[/quote]

Yeah, a bit sarcastic. I don’t really hold any serious preconceptions about photography as art or art as photography. There’s a lot of craft that goes into developing and printing that I appreciate. Personally, I don’t get the same thrill from digital. In fact, I’m pretty unenthusiastic about photography in general lately. I’m most interested in doing landscapes and architectural work, but I’ve always failed to create interesting images. My best work has always been candid photographs, but I don’t like people enough to be really passionate about that. Also, with candids, you have to be really fast on the draw and can’t really setup a shot, which is something I like to do as well.

June 22, 2009

Today, Kodak announced that it will retire the 74-year old iconic KODACHROME Color Film – the oldest color film in our portfolio.[/quote]

well…shit. people have been telling me that for years and i always had to correct them. IIRC they retired it once before and brought it back. apparently the lab that devs it somewhere in europe has to run 24 hour shifts to keep up with demand.

my point was that photography has been in no way “exclusive” for a hell of a lot longer than digital photography’s been around

in any event, id rather spend the 2.50 and have a pro lab develop my negs than do it myself.

[quote=tepr]my point was that photography has been in no way “exclusive” for a hell of a lot longer than digital photography’s been around

in any event, id rather spend the 2.50 and have a pro lab develop my negs than do it myself.[/quote]

Yep. If photography had not become more affordable and mainstream, none of you people would have gotten started with it in the first place.

[quote=GRHebard]PS
can we get this renamed and moved to off topic?
theres another hip pouch thread thats active.
this seems more about photography (and camera bags)
just an idea[/quote]
we already have a photo thread. two, i think.

well that thread is more about pics than actual photography discussion

The top timberland boots can be opened for ventilation while the bottom sash remains closed. timberland shoes ,the never fading popularity. Classic design with the guaranteed quality, make this cheap timberland boots very popular in recent maket, to the end of the buffer with aboriginal mens timberland boots were suddenly joined the rich arrangements, all about being tortured in the making of shoes.
Know about the timberland boots,you may interested about the fashion bags.It is extremely important to read the article of the position of the seller carefully. See if the seller indicates that the Coach purse or coach wallets is what it is supposed to be authentic Coach.Besides the coach ,you should take attation to the burberry outlet,may be the burberry to satisfy your needs