holiday ride exchange

I’m not signing my self up for anything.

Alright you get @raz
its not really first come first serve its more like first come and remembered in that particular moment probably gets served

2 Likes

bummer. as a reminder, every day is a holiday and hopefully more people do this.

it’s not you it’s me

y’all. who dunnit?

Raz and I swapped rides; I’m doing mine this Thursday. Ill post a ride report here.

1 Like

I have a ride that I need to do. I have not gotten my ride buddy his route yet. :frowning:

1 Like

rwgps is great because you can plan a dope ride while pooping. recipients have every right to tell you that something is dumb and to do better (with some constructive criticism ofc)

1 Like

Late to the party. Somebody give me a ride.

3 Likes

I wanna do a long dumb dirty ride this weekend!

1 Like

I’m dragging mfs into this at this point because nobody is doing their rides.

nominating @Jacobell because i kicked it with him the other day

1 Like

I think I was previously nominated and quietly ignored it

But I’ll do some homework and send you on an adventure

Rad. Up for gravel or road.

1 Like

I went!

The trip started through South Rotterdam which meant the obligatory mosque photo.

Typical NL cycling

Normally Fall is the rainy season here so I got a pretty spectacular day.

I made a slight detour into a bird sanctuary. I planned to walk it, took a few steps, got bored of walking and got on my bike.

Tunnel. The wavy blue lines indicate the water level.

This is what’s going on on top of the tunnel.

I dunno.

More tunnels.

And home.

https://strava.app.link/Fe5qDRwdilb

12 Likes

The routes I’m drawing for myself have reach such a level of ridiculousness recently that I need someone to intervene. Sign me up!

tunnel looks sick! thanks for playing!

1 Like

I did mine! @Petr5 put together a gravel loop in Purcellville, VA that was pretty great.

Ready to go. Too cheap to buy a rack.

I fuckin love this bike

The loop was about 70% gravel, most of it like this but some chunkier stuff in parts. All FINE on tubed 25s. Sue me, gravel industry

Friend:

This farm had a big banner that said “TRIPLE CROWN” but I couldn’t read the small text

Didn’t photograph well but this church was very remote and very spooky:

Stopped to read about the Battle of Unison:

Nice cottage:

USGS stream gaging station: “Science for a changing world”

At that point I half-bonked and it started to rain so I bypassed one of the last grav sections and high-tailed it back to the car.

Parked near some nice ginkgo when I got home:

Thanks @karl_dandleton for organizing!

5 Likes

We’ll I did the ride that @Horse_Mafia planned for me minus a few minor changes on the way back in due to me being slow and my friends out in front adjusting things on the fly.

Rode with three friends and had a great time. Only took these two pictures after a bit a gravel alongside the stream.

5 Likes

Y’all. it’s been a bit and its time. today is Earth Day, Jelly Bean Day, Orthodox Good Friday, and other things I’m sure. Tomorrow will be National Email Day, National Lost Dogs Awareness Day, National Take A Chance Day and more.

Fill out this form and let me know if you got left out last time.
I just re-used some of @Unknown.Gnome route in the last route i made for myself and it was great.

Every day is a holiday, so lets make routes for each other. I’ll match at random or something.

1 Like