Holy shit/Bike Shop lulz

the All City is a MTB frame built with CX fit

the Endpoint is a road frame with wide tire clearance

But they’re both allroad adventure funbikes, and that’s what really matters.

We road the all city on singletrack this weekend and it was a fucking nightmare.

Gravel roads on the other hand, those were the best ever.

I’ve been out of shops for too long to say whether or not the tires should have been tubeless by default, but I will say that calling a store and chewing out a retail worker is literally never the answer.

I blew a customers tire off the rim because it was set up tubeless when he bought it and he didn’t know. He specifically told me that he wanted it at the MAX PRESSURE which was way too high for a tubeless Cx tire. That was a very loud and messy day

Yeah if it’s a boxed bike and it comes with the tubes in it even if it’s all tubeless stuff no shop is going to go through the extra time taking off tires and possibly replacing rim tape and going through the extra hassle of setting it all up tubeless. That’s just how it goes. You would have to ask or do it yourself.

[quote=kmcdon]But they’re both allroad adventure funbikes, and that’s what really matters.

We road the all city on singletrack this weekend and it was a fucking nightmare.

Gravel roads on the other hand, those were the best ever.[/quote]

How did the day/ruiner handle on singletrack?

That shit is terrifying. Did that in my driveway once and it had neighbors popping out of their houses to see if I was dead.

[quote=EddBread]
How did the day/ruiner handle on singletrack?[/quote]

The day/ruiner loves single track

[quote=EddBread][quote=kmcdon]But they’re both allroad adventure funbikes, and that’s what really matters.

Gravel roads on the other hand, those were the best ever.[/quote]

How did the day/ruiner handle on singletrack?[/quote]

I didn’t ride it on the same singletrack (I brought my actual mountain bike), but I have ridden it on some of the bandit singletrack around town and it’s pretty great, even with the byways. Definitely more stable than the all-city I think, but I’d really have to ride them side-by-side to tell you.

I blew a 120psi bmx tire once. Like 8 years ago. I still get super nervous inflating from flat.

The best part is when the tire blows off the rim hours or days later. I remember in the sw8 fixxay days when I ran the full 120psi having a tire blow off the rim just sitting at a stoplight.

Just last month a guy was JRA and his wire-bead shit-tire blew off the rim for some unknown reason.

Oh man I had a coworker blow a tubeless CX tire off the rim like 2 feet behind me while I was doing a brake bleed. I told him not to do it there since I couldn’t move cos mid bleed, he said it would be fine and then suddenly my ears were ringing and everything was covered in sealant. I spilled a bottle of dot fluid on a customer bike and all down the front of me, on my jeans, my apron and my shoes. The back of my jeans, my sweatshirt and my head were covered in sealant.

I was so fucking pissed.

Dude was standing there stunned with sealant all over his face because he’d obviously used way too much.

I threw off my gloves, threw my dot fluid soaked apron at him and told him to fucking clean up. And hurry the fuck up before the fluid ruined that bike.

Like an hour after I posted this I actually put a new tire on my work bike. At about 60psi I put my headphones in just in case. I’m seriously so fucking scared inflating tires from flat. For some reason at the shop using a compressor I don’t seem to mind but at home using a floor pump just scares the shit out of me.

For a while what I was doing was attaching the pump to the tire, putting the tire/wheel in a different room, closing the door as much as I could, and pumping from the next room over with the hose going through the mostly-closed door.

Now I just pump like 20psi at a time, check the bead, repeat until full.

coming to a bike shop near you

• sealant shield
  • double hearing protection

=

I was looking for photos of Pruitt’s fancy $43k soundproof phone booth and all I could find were bullshit ones I see in tech office everyday and that old timey photo. I sincerely hope it’s more like that old timey photo.

Inflate to 40psi for road or 20psi for mountain/tubeless, spin to check the bead. Add 20psi for road or 10psi for mountian/tubeless, checking the bead each time until it seats then pump or release to final pressure. Not that hard or scary. Y’all GOT some of the silliest PTSD.

The very first time I inflated a road tire at the first shop I worked at I blew it off right in my face at 130psi. I’ve followed this procedure every time I inflate from flat and I’ve only blown a couple tires off since then and almost every time it was from a defect in the tire and at relatively low pressure.

I know how to inflate a tire from flat. Just saying that it makes me nervous as hell.

There was a game at my old shop that had a bathroom off the service area where you’d slide a tube under the door after someone went in and inflate it from the outside with the compressor until it exploded. Never happened to me thankfully.