Holyshit Swrve's Milwaukee Hoodie

I have the soft-shell one.

i’ve used it since that sale and it’s real nice, very windproof, so you wear less then you think you need, especially as not much air goes up your sleeves (you can tell because on warmer days, you arrive and notice your arms are wet from sweat)

the longer back does make a difference when in the rain, and i like the pockets are big enough for u-locks if you need to go somewhere quick but don’t want to bring a bag.

one frustration though is the two zipper system. I realize it has its advantages, but it’s just not as easy to zip up as a normal zipper

Holyshit Swrve’s softshell button-up shirt jacket: http://www.swrvestore.com/servlet/Detail?no=158

I’ve looked at that and like where it’s going but that material isn’t water resistant enough to be any better than a wool jersey.
edit: it aint even for sale

Any tall/long-armed dudes wearing this and liking it?

Ugh, the seam between the zipped liner (?) and jacket came loose at the top and that liner is starting to fray.

I had a minor bit of fraying near the zipper when I first got my hoodie (1st gen). I cut a small strip of duct tape to hold it down and out of the zipper…worked fine…and then mailed it to srwve in LA in the spring. free repair / mailed back in a week. repair has held up great for a couple years now. they’re great about this kinda customer service stuff…email muriel.

when i’m riding the sleeves are like 0.5"-0.75" too short for me. my gloves for walking around are long enough to tuck into the sleeve but for my riding gloves i just wear a longer sleeve shirt/sweater under and just pull that through and over the wrist part of my gloves.

I’m 6’2" and 185 with pretty long arms. Size large gives me all of it.

I’m 6’3" and the XL is my jam. Sleeves are plenty long when riding.

I am still loving mine, although the zipper is quite stiff and makes the collar kinda chafe my chin a bit. It’s not too bad but a slight annoyance. And it gets jammed when I zip it up pretty frequently. A bit annoying but overall my impressions of the jacket are that it’s very nice.

I should clarify that i have the “Black Label” version, so the zipper and fabric are a bit different than normal. Seems waterproof enough though I haven’t had it in a real downpour yet.

Thank you for the helpful advice, everyone. I’m 6’4’’ so I guess I’ll go for the XL. I find that a lot of winter jackets go from too short sleeves and normal dimensions around the torso in an L to long enough sleeves and fitting like a loose garbage bag in an XL, but hopefully Swrve doesn’t follow this trend.

it’s great as a top layer so room to wear stuff under is a good idea

I’m about 220+/- currently and the jacket has a trim fit on me… room underneath for a midweight fleece but not much else.

Your mileage may vary if you drank less beer and/or ate less sweets over the holidays than me…

6’2" 170lbs. and the medium is perfect. Maybe a bit tight with a bunch of sweaters on underneath, but it’s the “lightweight” version and I only bought it as a shell. Go up a size and get the heavyweight if you want a bigger/thicker cut.

how many layers do you guys actually wear with this?

I can go down to -5 F with just a t shirt and this, now obviously the gloves change, balaclava goes on at under 10, goggles go on depending on wind and snow

It seems if I wear anything more than a t shirt, i get too hot

only a baselayer top.
wool or synth. anything more and im all sweaty.

on short trips to the grocery store or whatever, I’ll put on a merino wool sweater over the baselayer cuz no chance of over-heating / wont warm up on time.

all below frozen hell temps, of course. I dont wear my hoodie when it’s 40 and up. too hot.

ive got the old gore-tex version. i almost kinda like that it doesnt have pit zips. i can literally ride in 20 degree weather wearing a a tshirt and a hoodie and be fine.

and i dont know how i feel about the back pocket on the new ones being vertical. the horizontal zipper is a great place to put a u-lock when riding around town that doesnt pull your pants down.

ive been thinking about picking up a pair of their wwr or winter softshell trousers. can anyone vouch for those not being retarded? ive got the showers pass club convertible pant, but their just downright fred. even if they are an off brand of gore-tex

I got a discounted pair of the WWR trousers because of some little flaw. They’re warm, very warm, and comfortable. The cut is quite good to me and definitely works better for cycling than any of my other heavy pants (by the way, they’re pretty light). They feel like they look retarded, but it’s not really so. I mean, you can tell that they’re not cotton pants, but they don’t look like snowpants or something.

My only complaint is that they may be too warm. Mine are a size too big–so in the end they do look retarded after I cinch my belt–and I appreciate the space between my leg and the pant to allow some ventilation. But the touch of the fabric is nice, there’s no chance of getting cold legs, and if I were doing a long, leisurely winter ride with stops these would be the ticket. Going fast from A-to-B, I’m worried about overheating in these.

I had the option to send them back since a lot of the stuff I got was of the wrong size, but decided to hang on since I expect them to serve me well one day.

I really want one of these, but cannot justify spending that much money for it