Home built bike stuff

That is really stellar. For a 2nd attempt it is especially impressive.

1 Like

Very nice bag! How many cans of sardines does it carry?

1 Like

Thanks, all. @Rusty_Piton, I’d estimate 60 tins of sardines, plus a few kippers in the outer pockets.

2 Likes

Who made the 3d printed downtube shifters?

Pretty sure that was @crowding

1 Like

3d printed friction shifters ?

1 Like

I added velcro to the back of my o(b/s)ama watch so it fits on my handlebar bag’s hook and loop.

13 Likes

I just did the worst job ever of sewing this patch to my enduro fanny pack. Teen punk me would still be proud.

10 Likes

How do I replace the foam on this flite? I thought my biggest hurdle was going to be stretching and adhering the cover but that seems simple now. Should I try to find dense foam from the specialty foam place up the road? Or should I try to use expanding foam and then shave it down?

I’d definitely bring that down to the specialty foam store and see what they say.

1 Like

i think that’s what the people at the specialty foam store live for.

7 Likes

If there’s a specialty foam store down the road you’d be crazy not to use it!

5 Likes

There is, it’s like 9 blocks away right next to my office. I’ll call them tomorrow to see if they’re going to be open. We just went into shelter-in-place. I guess a new saddle aint what I need right now anyway.

Does this count as home built? I’m escaping into the woods for a couple of days and needed an oversized gear cage.

31 Likes

“hand built by robots”

1 Like

That’s really cool. Do report on how it holds up

I was fucking around on Thingiverse the other day and found these: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2956668

2 Likes

oh dang, I actually just designed and printed ones specifically for the curved fork legs on the clydes.

Does it taper too or are those legs cylindrical?

Cylindrical. I’ll post photos when I get a chance to actually mount them. I don’t have the 5mm nuts I need which means I have to venture into disease land and go to a hardware store.

i can drop some in a envelope for you

1 Like