Home built bike stuff

Currently no saddle or pedals, original 120mm stem. Stock Alex(?) wheels with decent Spesh tires. 48x15 original gearing. Make me an offer. Seriously. Just tryna have less bikes.

Economy chainstay dimpler, made from the back of a golf club head, a 3" clamp, a couple of m5 bolts, and either a 1⅛" or 1" (depending on what sort of chainstay I want to dimple) tubing block:

It takes a while to saw a golf club head in half, but there was no way I was fitting the assembly into the gap between chainstays unless I thinned the fuck out of that thing.

20 Likes

Only bettered by a complete golf club swung with unerring accuracy at a stay balanced on the tee.

12 Likes

Neat! I’ll probably need to make something like that when I 650b the Trek.

If orc is right handed, he’d need a left handed club to swing backwards for that approach.

PS Bonus points for Ti club

PPPPPS frame building is nü golf?

what should i make out of my dead grandonneur frame? warranty gone, crack on the underside of the nds chainstay. i don’t own a torch or tig, or particularly know how to use either

fork is getting hoarded cuz low trail and spot on for 57mm brake. some day it’ll probably go on a sw8 race-y 27” wheel bike that i come across, or get adaptor’d onto a 700c bike

Turn the end 1/4 of the rear triangle into a TP holder.

1 Like

This is tacky and I love it. We had this guy when I was a kid

https://tof.cx/images/2017/12/29/9f6f64a0efe1d9f915e2d395e75b9156.md.jpg

9 Likes

Last minute wheel bearing replacement, but I don’t own any blind bearing pullers.

An M12 Hollobolt is a perfect fit for a 20mm bore on my bearings, Yahtzee!

4 Likes

I have an old spectrum downtube that was cut into a door pull. Basically chopped the head tube and chainstays/seat tube along a flat plane

Dude those hollo bolts are like $10 a piece. Also, where do you find them locally

Located on the shelf at my workplace!

2 Likes

alas i think we’re too “grown up” or someshit.

we did also have the human form of dat boi riding our to as a child tho. i love that thing

I freebie’d a whipped-cream maker, the kind that takes n2o carts. After gluing in a presta valve and drilling out the internal restriction, it works as a bead seater:

15 Likes

How did you glue the valve in? I will keep an eye out for one at the op shop if the conversion is that simple

The valve is mechanically held in by some washers/nuts around the already existing gasket, with blue RTV to seal it up. Also need to disassemble the valve before drilling the restrictor, but it was pretty straightforward.

This one has 1L volume and on-label usage is to put in .5L of cream and then charge. Opening an 8g n2o cart into .5L of airspace might result in ~120psi if I’m working the gas laws correctly, so it should be safe for that much pressure. I think the valve is also designed to leak if overpressurized but haven’t tested that.

Killer! Added to the project list.

Yea, but can you still suck whippies out of it?

3 Likes

You mean mid-ride? But then you’d have a deflated tire.

1 Like

Yea, doubt I’d care much for a minute or two.

1 Like