Home built bike stuff

oh dang, I actually just designed and printed ones specifically for the curved fork legs on the clydes.

Does it taper too or are those legs cylindrical?

Cylindrical. I’ll post photos when I get a chance to actually mount them. I don’t have the 5mm nuts I need which means I have to venture into disease land and go to a hardware store.

i can drop some in a envelope for you

1 Like

Hmmm, tempting. But I have two home improvement projects in perpetual limbo since SIP went into effect. So I might just go get what I need.

Built the world’s smallest kicker out of scrap wood.

9 Likes

that looks way better than anything i built at a young age lol

2 Likes

Same. I didn’t do anything more sophisticated than a sheet of ply stacked in top of whatever till I was already in my 20s

This is also my first jump I’ve ever built with a radius

2 Likes

times like this i wish i had a bmx bike and a yard, i used to spend hours just fuckin around practicing fakies and bunny hops and shit and it was absolute bliss

I’m just fuckin around on my enduro bike in the street in front of my house.

My friend and former tarcker RJ has been practicing wheelies. I mean it makes sense, put in some headphones and go to some empty parking lot to spending an hour or so socially isolated and learn a new cool thing.

1 Like

whaddup jr high

3 Likes

I’ve been practicing wheelies in front of my house on dry days while the kiddos rip around on their balance bikes and fill their pockets with gravel from our neighbors driveway. After a week I’m about as good as I’ve ever been in my late teens.

1 Like

turns out, it’s mostly kicking forward. only took me 10 years to learn that when my best friend who can’t do kickflips taught me. i can still usually land one first try, then not again if i bust my board out. v tempted to get a new deck and bearings. only came out like once in the past two years to film for said friend’s video. can still do a few things

The world’s smallest kicker is too small and its only a matter of time till the thing breaks anyways. So…

I’ve still got some bracing to add and a landing to build. I wanna rebuild the mini to nest inside the big boi and have both of them nest inside the yet-to-be-built landing.

8 Likes

any thoughts on kayak carrying duty?
my commute to drop-in is a straight single mile on my slow, narrow residential street, and then a block north up an alley. very simple with very minimal turning.

we have a cheap collapsible pull cart and i feel like itll work for this short distance

im imagining a length of square aluminum tubing to run from the bow of the ship to the very long seatpost on my katu

it feels like the the katu & tubing connection should be rigid, and allow the ship and tubing connection to act as a pivot.

any ideas?!

I did something like this for a long set of bookshelves on a furniture dolly, sort of a tow truck situation:
Move the cart back so there’s unsupported weight towards the front.
Aim the tubing up to end up above the kayak
Loop of rope around the bow with a length of rope between the rope on the bow and the tubing above, sorta suspending the kayak.

For the tube, it looks like the end comes off this post rack, just need to find a longer tube to shove inside to extend out over the kayak:

1 Like

@Emor_please has a sweet canoe-towing setup I believe.

I took a free kids trailer and assembled a canoe rack out of PVC. That part definitely worked great. Never did really figure out the bike attachment point. For a 17’ canoe I decided attaching the bow to the bike was the right move rather than an extra long trailer tongue. But I never came up with the right solution. I’m thinking maybe sawing off the tongue of a ride along bike would be a good solve.

WIKE has a great option.

Bike built home stuff

I needed a paper towel holder in my garage. I did not have a paper towel holder in my inventory. However, I did have an outdated seatpost that’s missing its clamp and a stray water closet bolt

17 Likes