Home built bike stuff

Paper towels conveniently placed by the sex-dungeon bdsm strap

7 Likes

let stalk buddy flap attachment in metal fenders, are y’all just drilling thru and using zip ties or is there a better method?

2 Likes

Don’t have buddys.

3 Likes

I drill and use nuts and bolts and washers.

Also, I ride alone because I’m a natural introvert and riding is my me time so no flaps on the rear of the rear but flaps on the front of the rear.

8 Likes

I drilled my first couple metal fenders and bolted rubber flaps on, but I tried something new on my current set.

At first I cut fenders out of a thin plastic cutting board and slipped the end into the underside of the fender, against the rolled edges. These both broke pretty easily as expected.

Then I did this:

Used a small section the cutting board material as the snap in piece and glued some thicker rubber material to that. Plastic snaps into/out of place, no drilling necessary, and looks pretty slick atmo

7 Likes

ok sweet that’s the type of thing I was looking for. won’t work on the PDW fenders that lack a rolled edge but the Lorry has that style. a further pickle with the PDWs is they are stuffed with tire so I have very minimal clearance for a fastener in there

though upon looking at it further I have more clearance than I thought and can attach to the existing flex flap to extend

This reminds me that wife’s blackborow needs a flap because those wide tires throw a roost. I like pop rivets but if you don’t have the gun and a rivets on hand zip ties are a definite second.

closeup of the widened fenders on the blackborow. The 5052 aluminum was perfect for this application easy to bend, more ridged than the plastic. It’d be a good material to beef up a plastic fender riveting a strip down the middle

1 Like

With steel Berthoud fenders, I was able to pry open the rolled edge a smidge and fit the rubber stair tread under. For aluminum, your plastic cutting board trick is really clever!

1 Like

My plan was to use the single fender stay screw on the fender, then probably drill two smaller holes down lower to help hold the shape. Shoe goo might work as well. Need to buy more stair tread material first.

I’ve been able to slip vinyl stair tread into to the rolled edges on Berthoud fenders without doing anything to the fender. Front flap is attached using the same hardware as the stay, and just barely enough threads on the screws to make that happen. Tiny flap on the rear fender is just stuffed in the edges, as an experiment. It hasn’t moved at all, so far.

For plastic or aluminum fenders with a separate flexy flap, I usually just zip tie through the flap part and don’t touch the fender at all.

1 Like

pro tip for anyone doing anything with shoe goo- use an ice cube to smooth it out!

10 Likes

Whoa!

I was going to use scrap leather but don’t actually have much chrome tan that would work well for this, so I might soak some in mink oil or whatever I can find

thanks skate homies! now if only i skated enough to need shoe goo anymore…

1 Like

It works well for repairing holes in saddles…

“Body is too similar to what you recently posted”

Wasn’t sure where to post this… so I started a new thread!

Figured cross-posting here was reasonable.

I made a mini toilet roll holder light mount for my front rack, which somehow doesn’t have any decent mounting options. Not expecting it to last longer than a few months coz the plywood is super soft and shitty. I’ll make a better one when it falls apart.

I think it makes my bike more organic and closer to nature atmo

14 Likes

Oh god.

3 Likes

Quick send a photo to grant!

6 Likes

Your wish is my command

33 Likes