how do you carry yo' shit?! a saddlebag rant.

[quote=“Quinn8it”][quote=“Rusty Piton”]
[/quote]

Maybe Im just too old for this emo shit… But Thats a fucking purse![/quote]

Age has nothing to do with recognizing functionality.

instead of a man-purse why not a saddle bag to keep your bike related supplies on the bike and in one place. plus it keeps weight off your body. plus it’s not a man-purse.

Because in a big city people will steal it off your bike.
Plus I want a hip pouch so I can decide if its a mess. bag kind of a day or a hip pouch. Taking a saddlebag on and off is WAY more trouble.

Ok well I just ordered a RELoad Hip pouch, now we will see how good it is or not. If I don’t like it I am going to be so pissed at each and everyone of you.

[quote=“m4bandit”]I’m thinking about getting a R.E.Load Hip Pouch.
ulock (in the built in ulock carrying strap) or whatever else you need to haul around.
[/quote]

I have and use a reload hip pouch. I like it, the U lock Holster is actually attached to the supplied belt, I fit a tube/co2/15mm/tire levers/allen wrenches/phone and my cable lock and padlock (I generally only lock up briefly).

Only slight issue I have is that the belt loops are in the middle, so the pack feels somewhat top heavy when full I wish they were higher up.

been thinking about getting one of these:

-j

double post, fail…

-j

Acorn bags are available for order again. I’m thinking about buying one of the large ones, though they’re very expensive. That aside, I’ve been carrying everything on a rear rack lately, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a messenger bag or backpack. Carrying the load on my bike, rather than on my person, makes my commuter vastly more pleasant, keeps my back cooler and definitely lets me ride faster.

MIN’s right, hip pouches are fucking man-purses and you should be embarrassed (you will be in a few years don’t worry).

fanny pack from thrift store for a dollar and then sew on a u lock holster and blinky loop.

Because I don’t just have bike supplies in there. I have a wallett, phone, camera, notebook, paperback, sandwitch, pockett knife, and a flower for my sweety.
I hate carrying crap in my pocketts when I ride (and in general), so this thing serves double duty, carrying all my bike tools as well as all my pockett crap.
Frankly, I’m glad I’m comfortable enough with myself to be able to rock the man-purse with impunity.

Scott I think you’ll find the REload hip pouch useful, I got one cause I forgot my belt (didn’t think I’d race) at CMWC, I think it was marked down for the event cause it was like fifteen dollars or something. ANYWAY it proved to be one of the most useful things I’ve bought and cause you don’t have to wear a belt it’s really convenient, and it fits way more than I thought it would; like small envelopes and packages, so you don’t have to take off your bag (oh and cute snacks too that you don’t have to get off your whip to eat). Also if you’re just out for a short ride you can keep your phone, wallet and camera in, I shoot on film alot (35mm and super8) so it’s really nice to have a safe place for that instead of jamming it in my pockets or flying around my bag. The Ulock holister attached to it (the main reason I bought it) is so easiely accessable in a hurry and doesn’t bother you at all whether you’re sprinting, climbing or just cruising around.

Fuck I could talk this thing up forever… Happyrobot I think you should get it, and Scott I’m stoked you did.

I ended up spending $13 on a jansport “waistpack” from rei. It easily holds all my bike tools, plus my blackberry, wallet, keys and some snacks. I guess it looks dorky, but I’m only gonna wear it while I’m riding, and I already look like a nerd on my bike anyway. I just couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of loot on a hip pouch, when my whole messenger bag cost almost that much.

^ Yeah I don’t know the price of the REload hip pouch, just the price they had at CWMC…

I think someone said they started at like $50.

Nah, they’re 38bux
I almost bought one cause I’m addicted to spendahol, but then I checked myself.

Because I don’t just have bike supplies in there. I have a wallett, phone, camera, notebook, paperback, sandwitch, pockett knife, and a flower for my sweety.
I hate carrying crap in my pocketts when I ride (and in general), so this thing serves double duty, carrying all my bike tools as well as all my pockett crap.
Frankly, I’m glad I’m comfortable enough with myself to be able to rock the man-purse with impunity.[/quote]

As long as we can agree that (1) it’s a purse (2) you use it as such (3) and you are ok with it then whatever, right?

I guess it’s better than the friggin queens you see walking around with Louie Vuitton man-purses…

Sure, it’s a purse.
What is a purse otherthan a usefull little bag?
I guess it’s a fashion item to some and can be something of a status simbol, but whatever, mine’s not.
By the way, you can fuck right off with your homophobia.

Ok, to answer the OP’s question, here is how I carry my shit.

Lots of stuff in there!

[quote=“Teh Muffmuff”]been thinking about getting one of these:

-j[/quote]

been thinking about something like this too.
Banjo bros makes something similar. Looks like its easier to get on and off than a saddle bag.