I get dropped by old dudes wearing hi-vis vests and campy dayglo bodysuits

Did a 200k brovet that was basically a team ride + Willy B. Was good. Route was damn near perfect.

Highlights:

Trolled the token roadie by promising no gravel (he put on his race wheels). Then delivered a 3 mile section of gravel.
Watched one of the ladies on our club team almost double her previous max mileage.
Got my nutrition right for a change (Egg McMuffins > corndogs, suck it nerds).
Goddamn parts of this state are pretty.

…promising no gravel

anyone who actually wants “no gravel” sounds like a bummer.

How did his “race wheels” hold up?

Light bicycle to DT350 built by yours truly. They were better than OK. He finished first.

Lol I took a half hour break right after I split off, sat in Dorey Park for a half hour watching a wedding, and then limped home at like twelve miles an hour.

Turns out if you have mild food poisoning and then don’t eat for a couple of days, doing a 200k immediately after is not…optimal.

Route was rad, and it was a good group too. Looking forward to the next one.

I did a 380km Fleche through New Hampshire and Maine. Had great weather (30–70ºF) and it went smoothly in just about every sense. Did a couple of unpaved notch/pass/gaps, a couple paved. Consumed a shameful amount of Dunkin’ Donuts food and coffee.
Notable highlights: Saw a mama + baby bear cross the road at night. Watched a pony + miniature horse frolic in a meadow. Hung out for almost 2h in a laundromat at 3am.

[img]https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net/TxGRQcRpW4KC7pnEwRrbb51BVAcwca9VLY8a7TLG27E-2048x1360.jpg[/img] [img]https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net/B-jt9uPprG5pP95hlHPkMspvdpteqtqcnIOgdg1mBXE-2048x1364.jpg[/img]

https://northercycles.squarespace.com/jeff-lyon-colaboration/

Kinda cool.

Can’t really fathom spending $1900 on a big-tired canti bike in 2018 though.

they’re local to me. they sell all the randonneur accessories but ive never seen anyone who works at the shop anywhere near a rando event - like, nobody riding one or volunteering at one. some of their customers are randos but that might be because they’re one of the only options that isnt veloclut that sells rando stuff.

That bike looks like it was seriously designed by the internet, but I should shut my cakehole about it until some people have ridden it and reported back.

I guess if there’s a fleet of Nordavindens that’s nearing retirement this might be a well-timed product?

The overlap between people interested in purchasing rando-themed bikes and accessories and those with any real interest in riding an actual brevet is pretty tiny.

people that ride bikes vs people that say they ride bikes atmo
“rando type rides” atmo

Firmly in the latter camp.

I really want to like those, and I like a lot of the details, but cantis? And this saddle position on a straight chairpole:

I can follow the logic behind it and the owner writes like a DICKIW, but I don’t claim to ride bikes.

[quote=cheese]I really want to like those, and I like a lot of the details, but cantis? And this saddle position on a straight chairpole:

I can follow the logic behind it and the owner writes like a DICKIW, but I don’t claim to ride bikes.[/quote]

Hey buddy, why the long torso?

But yeah, they said cantis because you can’t use disc brakes with lightweight steel forks? That bike seems as if it looked at a bunch of design challenges and consistently zigged when it should have zagged.

That bike is the radlawn stag 2.0.

Was the Stag one of the good ones, or one of the overthought garbage barges that ruined the company?

I’ve got the Stag with the upgraded Jeff Lyon fork. Pretty happy with it but might have beefed up the chainstays a little bit if I had a choice.

This was during Rawland’s “shows promise” phase.

If you want supple forks and read BQ this is the budget version built by people who understand what they’re doing and aren’t constrained by Taiwanese fork manufacturing.

It’s a Box Dog Pelican / Open Air Rambler with more Heiney.

rando 8591

Pelican with a .1mm upgrade