I want some Ksyriums for my road bike

I think that makes me the anti-tarck.

someone quickly suggest something other than ksyriums that would tickle my fiance.
The lady already got some Easton EA90 SL wheels that are pretty sweet. I’m going to put them on her bike tomorrow and were gonna go ride.

I have a specialized tarmac in that cobalt blue color. I want something black, and the ksyrium SL special editions look to fit the bill…
If only I could find some for like 650-700.

I want a Colnago for my road bike.

Ksyriums are ugly.

hey.

well, the new sticker schemes are pretty ugly. but the 07 ones were pretty neat, light, and reasonable strong to boot. i have one on the front of my bike.

I’d be promptly ripping off any and all stickers.
I don’t like stickers. I’d rather not give them free advertising. Already get enough of that with the name of the bike plastered on the side.

I hate Ksyriums because it takes me too long to understand what the letters on the rim say.

When I realize they are Ksyriums, I punch myself (in the area that will not be named).

Funny, I was going to bring up a road bike wheelset thread sometime soon. But I didn’t know what I was going to say. What?

Open pros to ultegra hubs.
they dont have the boutique low spoke count race look, but they are light and rugged. love mine.

Was this on purpose?

Ksyrium SL Premiums. They’re all black, around 1300 grams and rugged enough for most road/cyclocross applications (though you really do have to service the freehub every 1200-1500 miles or so).
You can usually find them cheaper than dealer wholesale on Ebay, too.

People say they love the way they ride, but I think that’s because they spent so much for them. Aside from that, Ksyriums consistently perform worse in wind-tunnel testing then basically every other wheel, including traditionally spoked 3-cross wheels.

roflmao.

so seriously…what else?

open pros to ultegra hubs? I have a hard time believing I’ll like them. I have CXP23 laced to some specialized hubs and they are pretty awful. I’ve ridden big wheelz with better bearings.
okay they aren’t that bad, but they kinda suck and they are heavy as lead.

my other choice was bontrager race X lite but I heard from my friend who had a pair that his were flexy (I think they were regular racelite) and that he actually noticed them being flexy. that would annoy me.

roflmao.

so seriously…what else?

open pros to ultegra hubs? I have a hard time believing I’ll like them. I have CXP23 laced to some specialized hubs and they are pretty awful. I’ve ridden big wheelz with better bearings.
okay they aren’t that bad, but they kinda suck and they are heavy as lead.
[/quote]

you are comparing apples to oranges. specialized hubs =/= shimano ultegras, and cxp23’s are a leap from open pros.

[quote=“CheshireKat”]

open pros to ultegra hubs? I have a hard time believing I’ll like them.[/quote]

Hahah. What a dummy.

Can you link to said testing?

[quote=“zombie”][quote=“CheshireKat”]

Hahah. What a dummy.[/quote]

he’s concerned he will actually have to ride, or maybe even go sort of fast cause they dont look fast enough. if he had ksyriums, he would look fast enough that people wouldnt question it.

get reynolds attacks instead…you can find some on the bay probably for 800 or if you’re lucky a little less.

Kysrium SL’s ~1485 grams $950
OP on Ultegras ~2035 grams
OP on DA ~1840 grams $430

$520 for 355 grams less weight.

Why the fuck are we having a weight weenie discussion about road wheels on tarck?

[quote=“frankstoneline”][quote=“zombie”][quote=“CheshireKat”]

Hahah. What a dummy.[/quote]

he’s concerned he will actually have to ride, or maybe even go sort of fast cause they dont look fast enough. if he had ksyriums, he would look fast enough that people wouldnt question it.[/quote]

i suppose some askiums would do the trick then.

The one nice thing I can say about Kysriums is that you can often find them cheap as take-offs.

355 grams of rotational weight is the kind of thing roadies get mad about, halbrit. They will spend a lot more for a lot less, silly as it seems.