I went for a ride today and here are some photos

I’m just heckling ya, I love mutts too.

But c’mon, did you expect no reaction from this:
Cross chained, but not really because no front dangler, but still has a front ring.
Disc/canti mullet.
Rolf rear wheel.
MTB shifters on drop bars.
Saddle slammed forward on a straight post.
Sort-of matchy anno parts but then cable housing is just whatever.
But at least the bottle cages matc…wait no they don’t!
Tire labels not aligned with valvestems.

Ha ha yeah. File that under DGAF.

5 Likes

his n hers

11 Likes

Love that Cannondale blue

@kmcdon if you want a matching “his” version of that Cannondale let me know, I have one in storage at my parents. Not sure when I can get at it tho #corona

You know what size it is?

I recall it being a touch too big for me (less than handful of post), so I guessed around 58cm.

Crappy photo here

There is a geo chart a few posts down from link above. I’m happy to measure when I see it next, but I don’t know when I’ll be in Atlanta again (was supposed to be there right now).

Yeah, once all the BS blows over i might be interested!

I have too many projects right now though…

1 Like

Finally did a novelty ride that I’d been joking/talking about for ages - the Bike Path 420(k) - exclusively on off-road cycle paths (and with minimal repeating or road riding). There’s been much talk of an impending lockdown in my city (Melbourne, AU), so I figured that it might be my last chance to go on a decent ride for a while.

I started at 4:45am and finished in 22 hours. The terrain was very flat so it was fairly easy on the legs, though my shoulders and neck were mad sore at times from craning my neck to see thru my glasses. Was getting endless wedgies only in the last 150k (idk why???), so next time will bring a spare pair of undies to change into lol

Only took two photos sort-of worth sharing

A monument to Hubert Opperman - 20th century Australian cyclist known for his feats of endurance.

Old car hillclimb track out in the suburbs which now sees use as a walking track. It’s real short, but the road surface is pretty messed up and it tops out at 40% gradient. No I did not make it up.

Also my front light went flat 2 hours short of finishing so maybe it is time to embrace the watt theft and get a dynamo

17 Likes

if i were on a 420k ride (or even a 120k ride) and came to that “walking path” i’d turn around and go home

3 Likes

Hah, It was actually a nice little side trip around the halfway point for the sheer novelty/to break up the mind numbing monotony of endless flat paths…

1 Like

5 Likes

That’s a damn nice ride, truly unsupported and under 24h is pretty sweet IMO. Especially if you just went out and knocked it out without a bunch of thought or training before hand.

i rlly miss doin long rides i need to start doin tarck centuries again

1 Like

Joined @hellocrimpy for 50km of their 420km

4 Likes

Didn’t get within 2 metres of anyone in my lunch hour today. It’s freaky out there. It’s a Ghost town. I needed it tho.

9 Likes

I turned the basketbike into a tandem and we rode around some empty streets this morning.

I’ve been severely missing bike commuting lately, so we figured a 5 miler in the mornings would be a nice replacement for now.

7 Likes

They letting you WFH now?

Oh, yeah. They closed the office almost 2 weeks ago.

I have a really nice office at home but it’s also in the basement with minimal windows, so I feel like I’m in the dungeon all day long.

I get to blast music tho, so that’s a plus.

3 Likes

14 Likes

US road surfaces are so damn weird to me, like is that an active hwy or was it used in the Silent Hill movie

1 Like