I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Rode the fun trail center not too far away and actually did a few jumps!

12 Likes

23 Likes

hot as heck

sent it

11 Likes

Also sent it before work today. This is almost some classic eastern PA huck to flat but there’s a rock to use as a landing.

11 Likes

Lousy photo of local dude.
FWYMayHX0AIIFuB

8 Likes

rode the wrong bikes with @balooon today at shindagin. not as wrong as the mtbros seemed to think but definitely not the right bikes

there was plenty of rougher stuff but not really anything the ditherer can’t dither. fully appreciating having come up in the wissahickon and belmont plateau on 90s rigid bikes

edit: not a flat- just tubeless woes

15 Likes

I have no pics of @karl_dandleton because I was too busy yelping and dabbing. But I aver he skates his 270mm bottom bracket over chunky logs with panache.

2 Likes

Ran into two bears. Probably 20 feet as I came around the corner. Pretty solid size. Tramped away and sounded heavy. Took a bit to get phone out.
Luckily Gunnar was closer to sup (he likes her pace or going between on rides like this when I go harder on out and back). He enjoyed water then we rode back to the van.

11 Likes

Did a lunchtime ride with 3 workmates today. The dude on the rigid bike is the fastest on the descent. He used to do the DH circuit. Dude on the singlespeed 26er is also pretty sharp. The other guy on the Marin is a pretty crap descender, he’s mostly a roadie. It was slippery as fuk today, but at least I didn’t crash as in the previous two Thursdays. It’s a 45-60 minute loop from the office. I only just realized how spoilt we are. 3 of our 4 sites are within 2 kms of MTB trail parks. It’s just great to get out.

10 Likes

Got a new used road bike and have been getting back into road riding a bit (though i now realize all these pics are taken off road!). Anyway, road riding? Still fun. Drivers on rural two lanes? Still suck.

16 Likes

The boy and I did 50 miles this week. Next time more snacks, more dialing in bike fit. Avoided cramps this time yay!

Full Fred

Waiting for fitness to stop lagging

ignore bar angle/seat angle. numbness required some sacrifice

29 Likes

Went noodling for the first time in a long time today.

17 Likes

I didn’t send it far enough

But I got coffee

9 Likes

I rode the Thrilla in Woodinvilla backwards today. Kicked my own ass.

So glad it was in the mid 60s and felt nice to be out.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Tell me how you feel about that fork

I dunno, it was a good deal and fits a slightly larger tire than the EC90 it replaced. Plus, matchy-matchy! Feels solid under my overweight torso.

2 Likes

Silver Comet? I miss that trail. It was really easy to get to a place where you really feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere but you’re still in the suburbs.

1 Like

I took the MTB on the big loop I usually underbike on the Synapse. Ended up a little over 7 hours moving time on either bike. Descents were a lot more fun yesterday. It seemed like every other guy walking into that Subway/Chevron had a sidearm. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes