I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Rode Glendora Mountain Rd up to Baldy village and then the road up to the ski lifts a couple thousand feet higher. Ended up just shy of 90mi and 8600ft. Sadly, took a spill at the top of the descent. Hit a small rock and my front tire deflated as I was leaning into the next bend. Was able to slow down enough to not crash super hard, but still gonna be sore a few days. All in all a super fun ride with a slight damper.

17 Likes

Well you’re in Idaho that’s basically how they find mates.

1 Like

Decided to do a non-commuting recreational road ride. Not sure when I last did that. Tried to do as many hills as I could to keep it interesting. It felt pretty hard. 39/21 was not helping. Gonna have to put a Tail hook lengthener on I think. Did 1400 metres in 3 hours but surprisingly feel good today.

8 Likes

Yup, next time we may start the ride further out to see more scenery, like at 15mi so we can see more scenery

1 Like

Can’t remember where the tunnel is, but it’s pretty cool. Maybe mile 20 or something?

Just some local gravel.

11 Likes

Went to a picnic

14 Likes

60 miles in glorious weather

13 Likes

Not an exciting ride but a very rewarding commute home with the kids. They are volunteering at an amazing camp that provides respite care for medically fragile kids. It just so happens to be at the park where my office is located so we rode home together

I dunno why they won’t let me raise their seats.

17 Likes

have you told them about dropper posts then said “hey watch this” while you chuck up a cutting wheel on a dremel?

1 Like

I need to do this on my white On One, it is screaming for a 27.2 internal dropper…

the pnw jawn is extremely cromulent

Omg it’s summer finally. Jumped in the river hung out with my dog and we seen a eagle.

14 Likes

Just raise them slowly, a mm at a time, while they’re not looking.

3 Likes

this might not be immediately relevant, but kids bikes often have freakishly high bottom brackets. Kids thus get used to a “low saddle” as a result. It seems like avoiding pedal strike was job #1 for designers, over being able to get a foot down+have a normal pedaling motion.
That experience might carry over to adult bikes as kids grow

also the case with bikeshare bikes. people still manage to smack a pedal anyway and tell us the gearing locked up and made them crash

1 Like

i did exactly this to my son and now he happily rides around with a proper saddle height and has no idea

2 Likes

Little buggers (eldest is an inch taller than me!) keep lowering them when I try to sneakily do it……

replace with non-QR seat collar?

1 Like

That’ll only teach them to use tools. Like Ferg’s bear.

1 Like