I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Rode up Ape Canyon Trail, along east side of Mt. Saint Helens volcano on Sunday with sup wife. Did not suck.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmq8DyfN

5 Likes

We went to Leadville with the intention of riding Mosquito Pass (13,000 ft). 3 of us went and did some un-named 12,500 ft peak instead, because

• My knee was racked
  • My buddy wasn’t up to it
  • My other buddy was in pain.

It was a good time, tho.

3 Likes

Do you live down there or just visiting? I’m always looking for folks to ride with when I’m home.

Are helmets outlawed there or what?
I guess they have no purpose where you aren’t going to get hit by a car or get sendy and endo hard.

Haha, I wore a hamlet on the descent. My friends might be dumb, but they’re my friends.

Holy shit no oxygen. Tallest pass I’ve ever been on was Army Pass at 12,400ft when I was a boy, hiking the Sierra Nevadas with my dad, we camped at base camp for Mt. Whitney (tallest mountain on continental US at 14,400). There was no fucking air at all. But there were these big fucking jackrabbits in the rocks that would run like hell.

I’m impressed!

Thanks!

The altitude rocks some people and it doesn’t seem to affect others that much. I feel pretty lucky to be in that second camp, but it does affect me a little bit still.

Here’s a photo of me from that day.

1 Like

I’m in San Jose, hmu for tarck up sometime!

Frosty morning,

Also Squid bieks were in town, and I tagged along with some lbs that took them on a ride. Not sure if I am meant to be impressed… or meh :woman_shrugging: (so much faffing / networking / updating the 'gram)

you’re now a content generating influencer my friend!

shudder

:colbert:

I went for late one yesterday with my buddy. Left at 1pm. Immediately got a puncture, a loop of 170kms of mostly gravel, 4wd, sand, scree and a bit of seal. Home at midnight. Wellington to Wellington via Rimutaka Forest Park, and the Rimutaka Rail Trail.

Relive ride here

8 Likes

Boy do I love me some Wisconsin roads!

4 Likes

Rode with Ro to a bakery where he filled the sink with soap suds, a park where he crashed grabbing too much front brake while dismounting, then to his school, then home. It was about 7 miles and there was much complaining on the way home, but he did it.

14 Likes

Reminds me of Ohio roads. The Midwest has a certain charm.

Ohio has nice rural rollers.

I spent my day in the woods though.

4 Likes

In the words of J5, “what’s golden.”

7 Likes

2 hours uphill
slice of pie
19 minutes downhill
topped out at 49mph which is definitely the fastest this bike has ever gone

4 Likes

I took my gunther/ditherer on a bunch of singletrack that it definitely wasn’t designed for.

It did… moderately well, but I think it’ll be nice to get an actual mtb.

@Jamey and @amy probably know where this is…

edit: wow holy shit I had no idea that pic would be so bad…

5 Likes