I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Bushwhackin’ with the boy on Sunday.

7 Likes

I think I recognize that trail. Cape Disappointment?

Lotta Missouri gravel, but only photos are stories on insta. So here’s the bike afterwards. I think I’m just gonna toss the chain before flying home.

3 Likes

Decided to try to “apapt” to the vertigo I developed 12 days ago . As long as i took care when reaching down for lock out, staring at cluster or looking over my shoulder I managed to stay upright on this lunchtime gravel loop.

HT: lockout is a placebo

A lot of things are placebo.

Nope. Just a wooded area by our place. Not technically a bike trail at all.

Did you ride lots of gravel without bar tape?

Yeah. I took the levers off for travel which made life easier. Though honestly I’m too embarrassed by the current cable condition to tape it, and I keep swapping bars around.

Had a good ride with a lot of climbing but I bombed a section of the trail, picked a shitty line and went down hard. Huge bruise on my thigh and broke my pinky. :colbert: Mountain Bikes are hard.

Got my ass kicked by local rando bros. Had to bail to the MUP after 55 miles and limped home the 20 more home. Turns out I’m not in great shape anymore.

The important thing is that you looked good getting your ass kicked

Commute vibes.

6 Likes

I went to Vermont’s Kingdom Trails & Burke Mountain. Slept in lean-tos on the mountain. Descending into town, we had this amazing morning view:

5 Likes

Love the shifters! My one’s rubbers have gone sticky on me. A shame.

visited the most beautiful radio tower

5 Likes

Lol that trail is a blast on an mtb tho

I plan on going back once I get my fork set up.

Speaking of which I’m hitting buffalo creek this saturday if anyone’s interested.

woooow