I went for a ride today and here are some photos

@Perlhammered took me on an awesome LA ride the other day. We huffed up the hill amid a line of cars, snapped some drive-by pics of the Hollywood sign, and were back in the air conditioning before you could say “no parking”

10 Likes

Enjoying a post ride muffin and electrolyte drank right here.

13 Likes

I didn’t want to work anymore so I went for a ride. It was hot but gorgeous

20 Likes

This city mouse works just as well in the country!

14 Likes

This looks like you were about to get trampled by horses. Can you explain what’s going on and how you survived?

1 Like

Last Thursday, a shop sponsors a free shuttle so I hopped on. It had rained hard earlier in the day. Riding in mud puddles is a rare treat around here, it was super fun.

However, as the sun went down and dusk fell it got harder and harder to see the trail, we finished in the dark.

In low light, hardpack rain-scoured trail looks exactly the same as smooth congealed mud which is like 1/2" grease on glass. There were many two wheel drifts and close calls.

10 Likes

The first bunch I stopped and waited. The riders all stayed to the right side and the herd did too. Later horses just got off the road when I approached:

Link

(Supposed to be an instagram reel, not sure if will work?)

2 Likes

The photos made it look more stampede-like. Looks like it was actually just a really cool thing to see!

1 Like

Did a really great ride around Seattle with @Timarchylime and co today. Almost no pictures but it was a blast.

Fish ladder

Troll

14 Likes

Super rad to see y’all!

Come back and we’ll get out of the city and do a longer ride.

Took some new friends on their first overnight bikepacking thing. I drew up a fairly ambitious route (especially considering the heat) and they were both game for it. Headed out of LA in the afternoon so we’d hit the climb after peak-heat of the day. Luckily, the first big climb (Leukens truck trail) was mostly in the shade and we hit the very top (Red Box) right at sunset. The descent off of Red Box (Rincon truck trail) was real gnarly, lots of babyhead sized rocks and deep sand definitely tested our mettle in the dark. Ended up camping ~10 miles earlier than we’d planned, as there was another decent sized climb and long descent to our original planned campsite. That climb and descent were super scenic, so it was nice to do it in the daylight. Original route had a bonus climb/descent (3k up over 10 miles) that we decided against, since it was mega hot and one of the guys needed to be back in the city for work in the afternoon. Some other friends of ours planned on riding out early in the morning to do that climb with us, but being without cell service, didn’t end up linking up with them. They told us the climb was really sick and the descent was nearly unrideable (seems to be a hallmark of any route I write). All in all a great weekend. Love an opportunity to break a bunch of people off.

24 Likes

Rode bikes in a big desert under a full moon and am obsessed with the “night mode” photos

28 Likes

shoegaze album cover

3 Likes

Staunton State Park. Distance was just under a tarck century, but there were some ass-kicking climbs.

11 Likes

Rode up to the UW Medical Center and the COVID screening sticker monument was there.

9 Likes

wait is Buoy charging $8 now…

1 Like

one of the coolest photos ive ever seen atmo

i wish to recreate it

2 Likes

Nah. Fort George.

Rode to the beach. Got kinda trashed. Rode home. It was awesome.

20 Likes

Plastic OE bottle?