I went for a ride today and here are some photos

after their bedtime then!

1 Like

Did Minneapolis’ Best Ride™️, about twenty miles of MTB trails along a river in the heart of Minnesota’s biggest urban area. Couldn’t ask for a better day for it.

Highlights include a huge section of sandy river bottom about to fall into the river and the world-famous bike ferry.

21 Likes

Finally made it to Woodward. Want to go to a resort with lifts before winter. Need to unlearn all my safety braking when I see the trail point downhill.

7 Likes

Got a late start because I had to stop by work for a bit but rode 140 miles on the pavement bike today.

33mm Strada Biancas were awesome on 6 mile gravely section. Glad I stopped to take a photo because I hadn’t noticed that my saddle had slid all the way back.

A friend of mine bought a cabin a few months back. Stopped to fill up water bottles and ended up kickin it there for longer than I meant to. Absolutely raided her pantry too. That place is awesome.

Bonked pretty hard riding into Vernonia 75 miles in. Not sure why this happened but my middle toe on my left foot started hurting so fucking bad…weird shooting pain. Don’t get it. Happy Cherries fixed it though and I headed back towards the coast.

So many elk.

Got back to town after sunset. Finished feeling really good. Got a PR on a segment I ride all the time just a few miles from the end of the ride.

I really wanted to get two or three 200k+ rides in this summer but didn’t make it happen. Glad I got one in. Went pretty well considering the longest ride I’ve done previously this year was like 50 miles.

28 Likes

Try poking around on that leg for numb spots, you may have pinched a nerve higher up

2 Likes

Hot and hazy weather here in CO yesterday. High temp was 104f, but it cooled down to low/mid-90s when I left the house at 5pm.

21 Likes

Lovey photo

Finger Lakes NF over the weekend:

After-work ride today:

13 Likes

Horse

3 Likes

WHY IS EVERYONE GOING TO FINGERLAKES NATIONAL FOREST WITHOUT TELLING ME/US

3 Likes

I decided to go 30m before I went :joy:. Do want to tarck up sometime!

I was not so wowed by FLNF (unless are some trails bikeable? Seemed not so to me) but have been thinking a loop involving both FLNF and Connecticut hill would be real cool. But between school semester and out-of-town partner my weekend schedule is a bit fucked :\

3 Likes

the trails are bikeable!

1 Like

Pre-rode the 100k route for our 200/100 this weekend. Tweaked it a bit when we figured out there was more abandoned railbed that could be looped in. I’m pretty cooked. Saturdays 200 version is gonna hurt.

13 Likes

Can confirm such a loop is real cool, and you do have to know what to ride in there but some of the stuff is legitimately great

You like to bike camp right? We’ll tarckup sometime before winter and do a loop, I know some amazing sites in Connecticut Hill

1 Like

please invite me. i’m all the way down in binghamton but @balooon can vouch that i’ll at least try to make it

2 Likes

I keep meaning to give riding just the interloken trail a try! I always route around it for the most part and just ride little bites.

Wrapped up our 3X 200k challenge with a 215km ride that was 42% off road. A total of 6 people completed the three.

Yesterday was something. Good company, good route, not enough water, luxurious gravel, and adequate pizza.

26 Likes

The shit so nice I bought it twice.

12 Likes

Rode by myself in the rain. Planned on getting lunch at a place that closed by the time I got there, got real cold and wet, then got a flat that wouldn’t plug, then I found out my pump doesn’t work when I tried putting a tube in. First time ever calling for a ride home.

Was still an enjoyable 50 miles

12 Likes

The front end wanders a bit and the headset came loose. Need to lower the bars. The bike has plastic fsa headset spacers, going to replace those first before a headset.

10 Likes