I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Holy hell it was mashed potatoes and I am so tired. But also was real fun.

17 Likes

Loved that colorway, and you accented it well.

The original owner is responsible for that, but as I have left it alone I will take a bit of credit anyway, thanks!

1 Like

Dawn and dusk commute has some payoffs.

7 Likes

One more from camping

9 Likes

16 Likes

6th Evergreen Gravel Glacier Grinder today

what the fuck is wrong with us

i was worried pre-ride that everyone in the AirBNB with me was running fenders. Turns out it was me making the right choice…

we started an hour before dawn and ended up on some narrow singletrack to start, so i lost track of my buds immediately. I sorta assumed that they were ahead of me, a bunch of people passed me in the dark on the singletrack.

the first forest road segment was almost entirely unrideable so I soaked my feet hike-a-biking immediately

After the 9 mile mark, the course became perhaps halfway rideable…

at some point I heard through the group chat that my buds had bailed at the 9 mile mark, they’d actually been behind me the whole time. and then the folks I had grouped up with bailed at the 15 mile mark.

the next 15 miles were actually rideable! tons of fun

I was all by myself for those 15 miles but apparently only a few minutes behind the main (and only remaining) pack. around the 30 mile mark all of us left on the course grouped up at the aid station, ~6 hours into the ride.

almost all of us elected to bail at this point - there was apparently 2 feet of snow on top of the mountain on the return; at the pace we were going we’d end up on top after sunset and have to descend (likely unrideable) roads in the dark. A lot of people just rode 30 miles back on pavement; I got my buds who bailed super early to drive out and pick me up.

we got word that a rider just finished the 60 mile course, a little shy of 14 hours out on the course. The only finisher, fwiw. All the 100 and 150 mile riders bailed.

man, what a day

29 Likes

Love going on library runs with the kiddo

28 Likes

Y’all getting tired of sunrises, yet?

11 Likes

given how infrequently i see them, no

No

Had to take a detour around this on the morning commute.

14 Likes

Maybe you need bigger fenders

1 Like

FWIW the ditch on the left is at least 6’ deep.

1 Like

man I said what I said

9 Likes

6’ huck to wet

10 Likes

LA is cool when it’s drizzly in the hills

23 Likes

Up above Kenter?

Ya, Sullivan/Temescal/Mulholland

2 Likes

Used to ride that daily when visiting my mom. Formerly secret jump track is pretty cool if it’s still there

1 Like