I went for a ride today and here are some photos

There’s a similarly dangerous segment through a university near me. After taking it and immediately realizing how easily I could have been ended by a car door or pedestrian, that was it for me. No more risky business. Literally “scared straight”. I think I titled the ride “if you can take this, you can keep it”.

2 Likes

There was no danger on my new years ride. Just a few miles tootling around the neighborhood. Drank coffee by a perfectly still Lake Michigan and didn’t even go out on the shelf ice because I’m a responsible parent now. It’s 50 degrees out.

14 Likes

1 &1/3rd tarck centuries on NYD with a camera over my shoulder and some spirit in my legs. Love starting the year off like this. Then I caught the tail end of a group ride bombing down the street I live on right as I got home. I was happier solo.

15 Likes

the frame bag opportunities are pretty wild with this setup but only when kids seat is in play

13 Likes

Yesterday was a haze so I opened the year today with a short tarck century:

Gotta dial in the fit on this Lemond, I should have known ergos were going to be cursed.

7 Likes

I was curious.

There is an existing 30 mph posted speed limit on Kings Mountain Road from Woodside Road to Entrance Way. The speed limit decreases to 25 mph from Entrance Way towardsHuddart Park Road (according to Woodside Police), however there is no posted speed limit sign indicating the change. We observed that vehicles would frequently travel at faster than 25 mph beyond Entrance Way.

Pretty sure I gave up on chasing this one because of my inability to sustain ~300W smashing down a twisty mountain road.

Nice.

Super fun yet hard ride today. In the summer this area is full of loose and hummocks of lava rock, covered with snow it’s kinda fairy tale looking.

Lots of short ups and downs that were right on the edge of traction and redlined my heart rate often. I walked a fair bit, but less than most. It was nicely packed by snowshoers and some other riders, but the 2" of fresh that fell while we rode made things greasy. Effing beautiful and quiet!

25 Likes

Power went out again so took the fatbike out and caught some sunset colors

Looks like the storm band is rolling down the Sierra and the snow should pick up again.

24 Likes

There was so much water even the sidewalks were BB deep. I had to go up to the bushes on the left to get around.

9 Likes

Celebrating my first day back at work with a solo morning ride.

20 Likes

One last long ride before a bud moves to Davis CA. Temps in the 40-45º range and wind gusts so bad I was pushed around all day. Still a stellar day.

22 Likes

Looks amazing. I’ll make you a deal, if you come up for a ride, I’ll find an excuse to come down for one.

1 Like

Finally took the opportunity to ride one of the bikes I threw together for my sister’s beach shack. It’s a shitty 80s gaspipe MTB with a shram 2 speed auto coaster hub and a vestigial front disc. 2.35" big apples go nice on the sand.

13 Likes

woah talk to me about that serotta

1 Like

It’s my old bike! Sold it to a bud. Ti very nice bike. Too long of a headtube for me. It has a BMC fork b/c the threads in the old carbon one were bad and the canti bosses didn’t stay still.

Pics:

5 Likes

Rad! I’m about to acquire a Ti canti serotta with original steel serotta fork. Should be cool.

3 Likes

Tag me when you post it up!

1 Like

Do used serottas automatically come with an honorary DDS?

2 Likes

You’re thinking of Moots and Yeti. Rules changed a while back.

Santacruz now makes you eligible for a military/first responder discount.

7 Likes