I went for a ride today and here are some photos

That’s something that COTA does really well. That whole trail system is amazing.

1 Like

Did a 30 minute trail recon after work on the 26 rigid single speed dyno bike. Turns out trails are still really gross despite what people have been telling me. On the bright side I changed my gearing to 30/18 and cleaned all the techy climbs that most people can’t do

12 Likes

i miss the wissahickon

2 Likes

13 Likes

Days like this make me so excited for the true return of warmer weather

27 Likes

Same! It was near 60 out today, simply glorious. Only encountered a couple of muddy puddles, even in winter this area stays very dry.

Dirty Tarck century on the ham bike, it was lots of fun.

15 Likes

Are you saying you did 100 miles on a fatbike? Or 100 km? Regardless, that’s impressive.

Always really liked that mural.

8 Likes

Sir a “tarck century” = 11 miles.

14 Likes

Thank you, I’ve been wondering this for as long as I’ve been on this site, but too afraid to ask

10 Likes

A Cinelli Vigorelli owner was bragging about riding 11 miles after getting JOD’d

11 miles was probably half of the average commute here at the time, before people started having kids and buying minivans.

Thus a heroic 11 miles became the standard measurement for a Tarck Century.

15 Likes

I’m so happy about how tarck has aged gracefully from the original derogatory tarck century joke into the tarck century being an actual fun and legitimate distance for a ride because there’s all this other life stuff to worry about now. It’s honestly really endearing

20 Likes

given our beginnings and early culture I can’t imagine why anyone would be afraid to ask a basic question

8 Likes

Tarck; Unconditional love

WITH CONDITIONS

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m new here.

I ride past the main Denver train yard on my way to work. This was pretty out of the ordinary:

A good dozen Abrams and a shitload of APC.

17 Likes

idkfa

1 Like

spinning home in the blue hour

19 Likes

I had never heard this until about a month ago and now it feels almost daily

1 Like

right now its happening when most people get out of work so its really notable

2 Likes

Lunchtime ride, on the seal, cos it’s been pissing down all week and there are large areas of the country under water. First ride on the Beacons. Flare is pretty extreme. Almost mustache-light. Only an hours ride so can’t tell much other than gawdang it’s so nice to be able to brake on the drops. There is quite an angle on my wrist when on the hoods, could be a problem for very long rides, too early to say, will point the levers in a bit to see if that helps.

9 Likes