I went for a ride today and here are some photos

It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz!

15 Likes

best i got so far

4 Likes

I did a hot lap of Leif Erikson and Holman today. This is the first time I’ve seen where the bikes outnumbered the hikers.

Taken with NotAPotato

5 Likes

Woah! What are they doing?

1 Like

its all torn up from me to touhy, then completely blocked at touhy until ??? very disappointed to say the least

I went for a long run in the park this afternoon and was really surprised at how quiet it was.

My wife told me there’s been a bear spotted three times in the last 24 hours at 53rd, Leif, and Saltzman. I guess that would be why it was so quiet.

2 Likes

Saw a wolf about 4 miles out of the city yesterday. Didn’t show any fear of me.
IMG_0921

15 Likes

Rode about two hours of handcut gnar, crashed a bunch for some reason. Gotta lube my SPDs or something.

24 Likes

Bike park and green trail with the kiddo this morning (super proud of her, got back on the bike after eating dirt on the first trail descent, did some of the ramps in the skills course :heart:)

Then a road loop this afternoon, much deer activity :deer:

19 Likes

Rode the LA Invitational yesterday, which was very fun and very hard. Also, got to meet @Shiny_squid_green !

22 Likes

I have only just diagnosed “snaggy” spds as the cause of several of my crashes. It’s taken me a while. Very obvious to me now. You get a bit squirrelly, a quick rebalance and dab will sort it, but you don’t clip out, and go down the bank.

1 Like

maximalist minimalist overnight bike camping

24 Likes

Were the fireworks stands open?

Was great meeting you! Was a great route as well.

1 Like

Yeah, a really fun day out! Haines was a pretty hellish climb in the afternoon heat, but the descent down Grizzly Flats onto a freshly paved 2 was pretty well worth it.

1 Like

Chose Meh after yesterday’s challenges with gravity. Hit my pedals up with some tri-flow and added 1mm spacers to my cleats, managed to stay upright today.

21 Likes

Klompenfest

16 Likes

Had a nice ride this morning.

Screenshot from 2023-05-22 14-38-02

12 Likes

none that I saw, and none the prior weekend either when I was riding the Spring 600k

even the Union Country Store with the ice cream was just starting to pull the plywood off the entrance, probably to open for Memorial Day?

1 Like