I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Do you have your whole series done now? When is PBP?

still need to collect a “300k or longer” in the first two weekends of June before the homologation cutoff

PBP starts is August 19th

1 Like

Beautiful beautiful late spring kinda cool but the sun felt so good post work ride downtown easy gear one hand on the bars one hand on the camera hooting and hollerin and talking to strangers kinda day

26 Likes

do you rock a moto brake setup or just play it safe with the front brake?

1 Like

Front brake on the left, camera in my right. Actually the front brake on this bike judders like crazy, but I’m usually piddling around in a really easy gear. Camera on a strap, could just drop it and grab brake it I had to.

1 Like

Wald-lyfe.

10 Likes

BIG
BUTT

12 Likes

1 like

2 Likes

Yo dawg, I heard you liked racks…

10 Likes

Spring rules.

24 Likes

Rode out to my favorite bench and there happened to be an outdoor wind band concert going on. First ride in around two weeks - my wife encouraged me to go on a ride for the first time since their ACL tear. Felt so good to spin pedals again.

20 Likes

Kentucky horse farms just have the best fences. I never did any cycling when I visited there, but I bet there are some nice back roads.

1 Like

hell yeah dude. worst thing you can do for an injury is become sedentary. that bike is sick.

There’s really nowhere else like it. Some of the bigger horse farms have staff who’s entire working year is devoted to fence maintenance. They are extremely expensive to maintain. About 10-15 years ago a few farms transitioned to these pliable plastic fences that don’t break if horses charge them and overall last longer but thankfully tradition and aesthetics are very important and 90% of the farms have not made that switch.

And yeah to your point there are lots and lots of really small, low traffic roads all over central Kentucky that are absolutely stunning. Some of the best road riding in the lower 48 imo.

3 Likes

Some days I doubt my commitment to sparkle motion, but not this morning

14 Likes

caught a moody one the other day

23 Likes

Heading into winter here in Sydney. 3°c and icy fog for the club ride this morning.

23 Likes

20 miles seems a hell of a lot longer than it did last year. I blame the patriarchy.

21 Likes

Wasn’t really recovered from Thursday and there was a stiff headwind, neither of which stopped me from being entirely too ambitious with the ride today. 35 miles/2k feet of climbing doesn’t sound like much but I’m still getting my legs back. Felt good though. Didn’t manage many photos except the mid ride beers and a selfie.

12 Likes

18 miles with 1500 feet of climbing mostly on gravel to test out the new front brake and bars. My bike was quiet, no brake squeal, drivetrain was quiet and the BB wasn’t popping! New bars felt great too. But I still didn’t make that gravel climb and had to walk the last bit.

16 Likes

Finally did a mtb ride. Pretty fun. Basically lots of roots and turns in the woods. My handlebars are too wide and need to be cut down.

18 Likes