I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

[quote=Mr. Bear]FAP to ride
RIDE to fap[/quote]

Except with a wiener or a crank arm 'stead of the dagger

so jelus of them shoes

zombie has narrow feet

Left the shop at 1 to get in a ride at Purisima Creek today:

Up close to Skyline. Half Moon Bay is down there.

Bridge over Purisima Creek

Stopped to smoke a bowl in this super-dense stand of ferns. The redwoods croak like frogs when blowing in the wind. Kinda crazy.

Ended up here.

awzm

looks like heaven

itt: bay areans tempt me to move to the west coast.

today:

alright, i’ll stop posting in this thread every time i hop on my bike.

No reason to do that

yeah post em.
i already know what my area looks like. i see the same vistas and crap every time i ride.
I dig seeing other peoples biomes and shit

babby lemme see ur biome

[quote=zombie]Left the shop at 1 to get in a ride at Purisima Creek today:

Up close to Skyline. Half Moon Bay is down there.

Bridge over Purisima Creek

Stopped to smoke a bowl in this super-dense stand of ferns. The redwoods croak like frogs when blowing in the wind. Kinda crazy.

Ended up here.[/quote]
Nice, want to ride.

fine then.

stole the drops and pedals from the c’dale for some fixed road riding, as well as slapping on a gel flite i got from walrus. fit feels good and it is nice to be riding a floppy steel bike when the roads get rough. on the other hand, the handling is piss poor, which i’m guessing has something to do with this being a bike made for 27" wheels having 700c wheels and 23c tires on it. couple that with 175 cranks and clunky ass pedals and cornering and spinning down hills weren’t exactly the joys they aught to be.

but fuck it, this bike is still fun as hell to ride.

the slight elevation change in the distance of the road is what locals might call a hill; there was less than 100’ elevation difference between the highest and lowest points of this ride.

you can’t really tell, but there are a couple of herons in the reeds in the background. this is the far side of the lake pictured in an earlier post of mine. today there were dudes ice fishing on it.

it being spring break, campus was pleasantly deserted.

it was colder than i thought it would be today - original forecast called for a high of 34, but it never topped 27. it was only bad heading into the wind, but the sun kept things comfortable enough when the wind was at my back. toes and fingers were starting to feel it towards the end.

Nice.

Hey, why is there a dead page in this thread already?

edit: lulz nvm.

wish i had a camera with yesterday. i had a sunny ride through snow covered countryside - it was beautiful enough to make you warm weather folks jelly.

It is finally warm and snow-less enough to ride the Albuquerque area desert country. The high peaks will have to wait but the ‘desert speaks’ and other clichés, blah, blah, blah. Plus I wanted to torture myself on a rigid, single-speed MTB to atone for looking at Playboy Magazine, August 1966 issue.

First you need to get out of town. Be sure to flash the proper gang signals when making left turns in Bernalillo, a charming dorf along the Rio Grande.

Here at the trail-head is where I usually drop a tab. Psyche! I’m high on life, plus anything more than a spliff will cause you to die of massive bodily trauma if you mess up the first climb.

And this is what the trail looks like on that climb. Yup, that white bit that drops off into a several hundred foot deep ravine that in the right light looks like an imp’s playground.

I didn’t take a picture of the little peak I rode up to on this trip, so you will have to make do with this earlier image I recorded on my photo apparatus ported by my Sherpa assistant, Lahk-pa.

The ridge at the top is a fun respite from the uphill slog.

Then a nice long downhill with scary drop offs into an area called ‘Mushroom Land’. Now this is a good place to explore the academic subject of ethno-botany. For research purposes only, of course.

What the…?

Lunch spot.

Then you ride along these arroyos. Good places to stash unwanted bodies abound.

And it can be quite beautiful in a stark way. German painters and Georgia O’Keefe types eat this shit up.

Be sure to run some flat protection because you are bound to roll over a porcupine or two every few miles.

Finally, back at the trail-head, be sure to pleasure yourself to the sunset.

Then it’s back to Albuquerque. Oh, fer fun!

lovely

Man, I know many people find the desert beautiful, but that shit looks depressing to me.

It is depressing which is why, when the snow is gone, I will ride in this place which is actually only about 30 miles as the crow flies from the desert pictures above.

All this will be available for cross-country skiing well into next month. Then it will be mud until June. Then I will ride it.

dat carquinez bridge.

I rode a mixed terrain ride today with a friend. We started by riding Old Railroad Grade from West Blitedale up Mt Tam. The climb is just shy of 7 miles and 2000’ of climbing. We then descended into Stinson Beach and headed for BoFax road. My buddy said he was going to “take it easy” then set a 23mph pace while I barely held on to his wheel. We then turned up BoFax and he was once again nice enough to wait up for me. Once we hit he top we parted ways so I could ride back to Fairfax and he could go meet up with his family. While riding back I decided to ride a bit more fire road, Kent Pump Fire Road, and some single track. Kent Pump was neat as it gave a totally different perspective of Alpine Dam while the single track was also a ton of fun.

The start of the ride

Getting close to the top of Old Railroad

Hi Stinson Beach

Looking down from Alpine Dam

On Kent Pump overlooking Alpine Lake

Alpine Dam

Single track is for 23s

The end of the trail