I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

don’t want to clog this thread up with newb questions, wasn’t there a MTB thread somewhere?

This might help

http://tarckbike.com/node/16216

Please do not poach the AT, I worked trail crew and lived right on the AT for a while and it is totes not for biking. There is way too much history and pain/suffering from volunteers/hikers for it to be rutted up in bike trails. Respectfully, find another option.

[quote=NoahGenda]
Please do not poach the AT, I worked trail crew and lived right on the AT for a while and it is totes not for biking. There is way too much history and pain/suffering from volunteers/hikers for it to be rutted up in bike trails. Respectfully, find another option.[/quote]

This could be said for any well maintained hiking / foot-traffic-only trail. I too have a history with the AT having hiked from Harper’s Ferry to Katahdin back in '91 and numerous shorter hikes in the northeast that have, in some way, incorporated the trail from early childhood through my twenties.

Let me say that I don’t actually condone poaching trails, the AT or any other. Then again, I don’t claim to be perfect. There have been times when I have justified to myself the poaching of hiking trails, skiing out of bounds, and running low-head dams against both the law and my better judgement.

That is why I suggested some other great MTBing options in the same area as my original series of pics where I inadvisably alluded to poaching trails.

Went for a nice winter MTB ride, feels good. I live in the City and this trail system starts 5 blocks from my house and I was going to grab some more photos but I was have way to much fun riding on the small’tight packed down paths the runners and walkers have made over the winter. It was about -7c so I wasn’t to hot or cold, but I couldn’t stop for water for too long or I’d start to feel the cold.

metro area got a dusting today. not very impressive by some standards, but at least it was prettysnow tabor

Fuck this thread makes me want to ride but rain x responsibilities collabo means not today.

I decided to go for a long mountain bike ride on Tuesday. I had hoped to make 60 miles but the climbing at the front end of the ride slowed me down so much that I had to cut it short at 30. It was a beautiful day to suffer on a bike.

About 1/3rd of the way up the second climb of the day, Rocky Ridge Fire Road. There is a 38% grade section of the trail, I hoped it would hit 40% but never saw it on my Garmin.

Romantic photo of the mountain bike

I took a wrong turn and descended a trail, luckily I was greeted with a pretty decent view

After continuing to climb for awhile longer I broke 2000’ of elevation and arrived at Potrero Meadows where there was snow left over from last Saturday’s snow storm. The snow was ~4" deep in the shade, which is super rare for Mt Tam.

I continued to climb and descend and climb and descend over and over again until I reached Ridgecrest and finally saw the ocean.

I took Ridgecrest into Bolinas Ridge and spent many miles riding through a redwood forest

After making it through the redwood forest I spent several miles riding through cow pastures

[

Finally I descended into Point Reyes and hung out at Black Mountain Cycles for a couple hours while Mike worked on a Cunningham and a Steve Potts

this

but only the rain part.

i want to ride my mtb so bad i think i might cry, but the snow just keeps coming. it’ll probably be 3 weeks before anything is rideable.

1. Ride anyway
  2. Donate many hours of volunteer time to trail maintenance
  3. ???
  4. Profit
  1. i do, to work and on the road bike when condxs permit. all the good xc singletrack around here is still being used by xc skiiers, and the technical stuff isn’t really navigable buried under snow.
  2. probably will, once the snow melts. can’t do much now.
  3. ???
  4. deficit

~ tarck century around campus/town this evening to test out the sidis that showed up in the mail yesterday. loving the shoes. compulsive ebaying rules - life is short, fuckka zeroed out credit card balance.

Picture shortly after my ride today

love it.

i went on a ride to fap
fapfapfap

FAP to ride
RIDE to fap

[quote=white folks]i went on a ride to fap
fapfapfap[/quote]

wait that strip club is still called tommy’s?

the other ones are called shimmers and glimmers now
makes me lol

our gym is right by shimmers