If you race road...

…do you pee on your bike? I know triathletes do it. Or do you have time to stop. Also I forgot to eat lunch and am bonking hard, like I almost fell asleep on my bike riding up to my house. What should I eat? (unrelated)

I doubt anyone here is doing road races long enough to where it would be an issue.

Cat 5 crits were 30 minutes… now that im in the 4’s, with their 45 minute races, i will have to really think about this…

eat an apple

stik out yore pinus and pee a litil.

I tried to take a leek off the bike on a long ride recently… mostly to see if i could. Its fucking hard! i couldn’t do it!

no i don’t pee on the bike - i’ve never raced more than 2 hours. but if you do, you def have to coast, as you can’t activate your bladder when you are using your legs (at least it doesn’t work when running). i think there if a video of a slipstream rider peeing on his bike during the tour of california.

also, eat whatever you want. i aim for high carbs, and low fat/protein while exercising: clif bars, bananas, bagels, sandwich, etc… then more carbs after, with some protein (chocolate milk is great for recovery, or smoothies of some sort).

found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdkfW6b5ks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdkfW6b5ks

edit: Lost the race to post this because I was actually pissing. Is that irony or just a coincidence?

[quote=“tjayk”]no i don’t pee on the bike - i’ve never raced more than 2 hours. but if you do, you def have to coast, as you can’t activate your bladder when you are using your legs (at least it doesn’t work when running). i think there if a video of a slipstream rider peeing on his bike during the tour of california.

also, eat whatever you want. i aim for high carbs, and low fat/protein while exercising: clif bars, bananas, bagels, sandwich, etc… then more carbs after, with some protein (chocolate milk is great for recovery, or smoothies of some sort).[/quote]
I’ve run and pee’d before. I don’t remember if I started peeing before I started running or not.

I drove the wheel truck for a pro 1/2 road race over the summer. Those guys would just drift to the back of the pack, pull up a leg, and wiz off to the side (sometimes with the help of a teammate pushing, uh no homo) In fact these guys were pissing a lot, the wheel truck was no place for a lady :colbert: If I think about it for a moment, there is probably no worse way to spend a nice summer Sunday morning than driving 100+ miles in a big SUV at an average speed of 22-23mph watching men peeing while riding bicycles.

i win.

When I did a century I think I peed only once…

if you gotta pee while you’re riding, urine trouble

thank you thank you i’ll be here all week

Same. I pee’d on someone’s car.

But I definitely would have had to stop again if I didn’t know I was close to finishing.

During big stage races, le Patron of the peloton will often pull the whole group over for a piss brake.

But yeah, this shouldn’t affect anybody here.

:bear:

I’m so used to typing out “brake” (as in “NO BRAKES” and “BRAKES ARE FOR FAKES”) now that it just comes out that way.

:bear:[/quote]

don’t get too close or you’ll get a nipper, though in reality the stream of urine isnt very effective, and makes your tires smell funny.

I know I’m going against conventional wisdom here but if you have to piss while riding you are over hydrated and are wasting energy. Unless its a REALLY long ride like a century or longer, then whatever once or twice should be fine.