it wouldn't be tarck without a dyno thread

Do your cables even allow your bars to turn that far without really, really trying?

got room for a canti cable hanger under your stem you could mount it to? I remember someone here mentioning something about that.

I want to be able to carry a pukebacking handlebar bag on this bike, which eliminates that option.

1 Like

Related dithering starts here

1 Like

Same dithering. I’m just glad I don’t have rack mounts on this fork so there’s no way I wind up making a triangulated light mount out of formed sheet metal.

I think I can live with the wheel shadow, and if I hate it, the best solution is a clampy handlebar mount.

You can’t just run the cable to the other side so the shadow isn’t blocking the useful part of the roadway

2 Likes

How you gonna see ground scores in the gutter then?

1 Like

But in what circumstance is your light hitting the downtube?

Only in a crash or when I’m off the bike, but I could see it happening enough to damage the light.
I could get one of those sick top tube protectors from track bikes in 2008.

1 Like

I feel like the right crash could break any light mounted anywhere.

And as far as off the bike goes, the cable housing on my drop bar bike mostly keeps my bars from rotating more than 90º in either direction unless I put my hands on the bars and push from side to side. Sw8 fixies had top tube protectors because there isn’t any cable housing running from the bars to the frame to keep the bars from swinging all willy nilly. You appear to have cable housing.

I think this is the kind of problem that exists when you’ve been staring at a bike on a work stand for a long time, but probably won’t be a problem IRL.

That looks like a lovely room to work on bikes

skip the dynamo use the EXCALIBUR

2 Likes

Maybe my cables are just extra supple, but the bars swing easily to a position where the light would hit the downtube. On my bike hooks it defaults to “light hit the downtube”. I think it’d bump pretty regularly both when moving the bike around and when pushwacking.

@iwillbe just noticed in the bg of that picture is both our Excalibur food dehydrator and our Excalibur fireworks. Not sure which you meant so I’ll experiment with both.

3 Likes

My Cyo Premium standlight no longer does anything. When the bike stops, the light goes out. Does anyone have a go to series of troubleshooting steps? … If that fails, what front dynamo powered light is the Cyo Premium of right now? (I suppose it might still be the Cyo Premium)

I may be forgetting that not everyone’s bicycle is as small as mine.

Clearly you need Trek’s knock block.

1 Like

That looks awesome. Very jealous of your derailer shifter combo. External cabling FTW.

as far as i’ve been able to tell, the DH-T780 is literally the DH-3N80 with a different label on it. I would not be 100% confident that the units from the disc-brake DH-3D80/DH-T785/DH-T8000 would fit, but they sure do look the same…

thx.
He also has a T8000 and compared the shell dims, only difference being the accommodation for the disc rotor, the rotor-stator area was the same width.

It does seem the T785 ought to fit in the 3N80, worth taking a punt on.

This happened on my less-than-premium Cyo. No solution was found except to transfer it to the bike that i don’t really need the standlight on.
Cyo Premium is still the go-to Shartmo, unless you want to go to an IQ-X.

1 Like

worse standlight, and the plastic bracket fractures…

2 Likes